At Pocket we love what we do, but more meaningfully we are building something that millions of people love, too. Pocket’s content platform has become essential to how people discover and consume content worthy of their time and attention. Nearly 30 million people have saved more than 3 billion articles and videos to Pocket to-date.
If you are passionate about using technology to improve people's lives, we believe Pocket has challenges in front of us that will excite you. We're hoping you'll be ready to jump in and get into the details, too. We're a small team that has the resources of a large company (Pocket was acquired by Mozilla in 2017) and that means lots of opportunity to grow, to help drive new product and go-to-market strategies and to make a tremendous impact daily.
Pocket is now seeking an intelligent, self-motivated and resourceful individual to join as a Brand Partnerships Director in New York or San Francisco to help take our thriving integrated media, ad sales and content research sales efforts to a new level. You should have an active network of client/agency relationships and a consistent track record of building and delivering solid sales solutions in an effective and scalable way. This is a fabulous opportunity and an excellent environment for someone looking to advance their career and be part of an innovative and dynamic organization.
The Brand Partnerships Executive is responsible for building success by identifying, qualifying and selling prospects and existing clients on the value of Pocket. This role is responsible creating an actionable plan of execution for account prioritization, building upon existing relationships and to ultimately sell Pocket products and solutions to advertisers. The best candidate brings existing agency and client relationships with her or him to the table, and they are comfortable presenting at a transactional level; all the while evangelizing, educating and influencing buying teams at major agencies. You’ll be responsible for a targeted list of clients and agencies in a defined geographic territory.
What you’ll do:
- Build and maintain effective relationships at both agency and client direct in defined territory
- Develop leads and maintain a strong sales pipeline to ensure sufficient opportunities exist to meet revenue goals
- Assess potential business deals, through RFP response and pursue proactive opportunities via strategic partnerships
- Establish account and opportunity management plans for your territory that are consistent with Pocket’s growth goals
- Utilize a solution-selling philosophy by listening to key business requirements and selling through Pocket’s advertising solutions to meet client needs.
- Have firm understanding of competitive landscape and utilize this knowledge to your advantage while contending for business
- Network at industry relevant functions to increase Pocket’s visibility and connect with new clients
- Present client feedback to Pocket Product and Marketing teams and work to develop new sales offerings to meet your clients needs
- 4+ years digital media sales experience with consistent track record of exceeding sales goals and managing a quota
- Extremely organized with strong time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to develop strategic relationships with marketers and brands by handling a high volume of sales calls and meetings per day/week
- Strategic thinker who is comfortable taking ownership of the entire sales process
- Strong understanding of branding, brand storytelling and content marketing campaigns.
- Exceptional verbal, writing and presentation skills
- A swift decision maker, able to confidently deliver quality in a rapidly growing and changing organization
- Comfortable in high level conversations with VP and above level brand marketers and agency executives with the ability to negotiate and close business deals
- Advanced knowledge of online media who strives for continued learning opportunities to build upon craft
- Immersed in digital culture, with knowledge of trends and innovation in the digital space
- Maintain proper adherence to company standards
Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to growing diversity in our workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.