Do you want to be part of the team that designs and delivers the world’s best browser? Are you interested in defining the best user experience for the next generation of web use on our iOS and Android products? We are looking for an amazing and passionate Senior Product/UX Designer to craft functional and appealing interfaces. As a member of the Firefox User Experience team, you will be working with a dynamic and multidisciplinary product group committed to enabling new and inventive web experiences for nearly half a billion people worldwide.
Does driving product design from beginning to end (research, design, implement, launch) seem like the ideal job to you? In this role, you will work reciprocally within a team of designers, researchers, content strategists, and prototypers to identify design opportunities. You will also work closely with developers and product managers to arrive at better solutions and then you will support developers closely throughout the implementation process.
Day-to-day you will:
- Translate user goals and behaviors into creative interaction and design solutions.
- Create IA diagrams, wireframes, and mockups rapidly and at the right level of fidelity needed for product goals.
- Identify, plan, and conduct evaluative user research.
- Facilitate consistency in cross-product experiences by adhering to current design systems, standards and patterns set forth by the UX team.
- Ensure design quality by giving and soliciting constructive feedback from peers and team members.
- Coach and guide other designers in the pursuit of design solutions that go beyond what is being asked for.
- Minimum 4-5 years experience in interaction design for iOS and Android platforms.
- Understanding of UX design methodologies.
- Provide an online portfolio that exhibits detailed design thinking and problem-solving in regards to the overall user experience.
- Effective at communication using a range of UX artifacts such as personas, IA, user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and related documents.
- Demonstrate an ability to think strategically and work with various forms of input from critique, user testing and market feedback.
- Knowledge of user research methodologies and when to apply them.
- Experience collaborating with an in-house research team.
- Experience with planning, conducting, and presenting user testing results.
- Ability to create precise mockups and provide production level assets.
- Experience designing for various Android devices (e.g. mobile, TV).
- Understanding of accessibility standards.
- Experience in an open source environment.
- Experience working in a distributed team.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.