At Pocket, our mission is to enable people to consume stories worthy of their time and attention. Our apps and platform are essential ways that more than 100M people discover and consume content on the web.
We’re looking for a creative, collaborative, and driven Audience Development Manager to help expand Pocket’s reach and drive long-term audience growth and engagement to a new Pocket content experience. You will be Pocket’s go-to expert for all things audience, collaborating with the editorial, marketing, analytics, and product teams to find and engage new readers interested in great reads on the web. The ideal candidate will have a track record of delivering audience growth and identifying new expansion opportunities for a variety of digital products and properties. You’ll be an SEO specialist and a newsletter strategist, as well as a creative team player who likes problem solving and is an authority on social media distribution and digital best practices.
We’re a small team that has the resources and support of a large company. Pocket was acquired by Mozilla in 2017, and that means an opportunity to develop strategies for products that have tremendous impact on hundreds of millions of users. As the Audience Development Manager at Pocket, you’ll be responsible for expanding the reach of our licensed content and recommendation channels. This role is fundamental to Pocket’s growth and success.
What you’ll do:
- Own Pocket’s audience growth by designing and executing creative solutions to attract and retain more visitors to Pocket’s content experience through social media, newsletters, and organic search
- Help Pocket understand and interpret the behavior of its users and the content they consume
- Identify emerging distribution platforms and assist editorial in developing and experimenting with new content opportunities
- Track progress in daily and weekly reports across various metrics
- Use data to spot opportunities and refine strategies
- Collaborate with our analytics, marketing, and product teams to drive user growth and engagement
- Explore new ideas and concepts to further develop how Pocket’s recommendation products help people consume stories worthy of their time and attention
What you already have:
- 4+ years of experience in audience development and/or social media management
- Track record working across teams and designing and managing projects to completion
- Deep understanding of various social media platforms and the different strategies they require
- A data-driven approach and deep familiarity with analytics tools
- Willingness to experiment and adapt to fast-paced environments
- Positive, contagious energy
- Prior experience in publishing and media is preferable, but a passion for great content is key.
Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to growing diversity in our workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.