At Pocket, our mission is to enable people to consume stories worthy of their time and attention. Our apps and platform are essential ways that over 100M people discover and consume content on the web.
We’re looking for an intellectually curious, passionate, and driven Head of Sales to lead Pocket’s sales team and strategy to a new level. You would be directly responsible for managing, growing and mentoring Pocket’s sales team and working closely with all parts of the company to drive overall strategy and sales product.
We’re a small team that has the resources and support of a large company. Pocket was acquired by Mozilla in 2017, and together we are committed to an internet that elevates critical thinking, reasoned argument, shared knowledge, and verifiable facts. As the Head of Sales at Pocket, you’ll be responsible for helping ensure our ability to support high quality content on the web. This role is fundamental to Pocket’s success.
Come work with us and make a huge impact on advancing high-quality content on the web.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with our product, editorial, marketing and revenue teams to develop strategies to achieve or exceed revenue goals.
- Take leadership on influencing product decisions to help Pocket achieve its goals and mission.
- Lead and grow Pocket’s sales team. Attract, recruit, train and coach exceptional sales talent.
- Provide leadership and guidance and teach strong sales skills and develop career plans with each team member.
- Continue to help evolve best practices and discipline within the team.
- Effectively manage the team’s pipelines to ensure revenue and meeting goals are met.
- Make regular, high level sales calls to have a presence in the marketplace and actively engage in the team's success.
- Work closely with our client services and editorial teams to ensure that Pocket is meeting our clients' needs.
What you already have:
- 10+ years digital sales experience, including direct management experience.
- Ability to manage salespeople at all levels and help position them for success.
- Outstanding track record of success of regularly meeting or exceeding sales goals.
- Proven ability to organically grow accounts by creating great relationships, understanding customer needs and marshaling resources for success.
- Strong negotiation, influencing skills and an ability to persuade at all levels of an agency or client.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and innovative mindset to leverage all the amazing possibilities at Pocket.
- Knowledge and understanding of the media landscape.
- Ability to think on your feet and ideate on the spot as opportunities develop fast.
Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to growing diversity in our workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.