SF Mozilla is searching to fill a Program Manager position to work with the Mozilla IT team to support communications and engagement across IT and external to our Mozilla partners, and the IT Portfolio Management function.
As the Communication and Engagement program manager this individual will be responsible for corresponding with IT employees and external stakeholders to keep them informed of organization developments, results and impacts delivered. Internally they will create strategies to increase employee awareness and promote productivity. Externally, they will communicate with other interested parties to announce new products, services and organizational changes in a way that communicates the impact IT is having on Mozilla.
In the Portfolio Management role this individual is the centralized point of contact for PMO processes, methods, and tools to analyze and report on the program and operational portfolios. This analysis is based on numerous key characteristics and KPIs established to meet IT objectives.
As a Program Manager at Mozilla, you will...
- Be responsible for staff engagement across IT and support internal communications with the operations organization in collaboration with team leads.
- Be responsible for external communications to other Mozilla organizations.
- Develop the communication strategy for IT
- Taking initiative and being responsible for the presentations, content, timing and coordination for the IT All Hands sessions.
- Liaising with the PMO Program Managers to have “one language” throughout the organization
- Must have a clear understanding of organizational KPIs, cross functional communications and processes to ensure we are all operating as efficiently and consistently as possible
- Responsible for portfolio management at the IT organization level:
- Ensuring continued focus on key priorities
- Monitoring progress against deadlines and milestones
- Tracking performance and highlighting areas needing focus
- Identifying execution risks and mitigation plans
- Coordinating and supporting senior executive team in cross-functional strategic initiatives
- Manage the IT portfolio including coordinating program managers across the organization to ensure consistent and accurate reporting
- Align programs, projects and operations to strategic objectives; and measure, rank and prioritize programs and projects
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Excellent verbal and written communication, planning, and organizational skills. Bring your creativity and enthusiasm to our team.
- Previous experience managing processes and communications for a fast-paced, growing company highly preferred.
- Ability to prioritize, problem solve, manage time effectively and work with minimal supervision.
- Drive agendas by making sure people are aligned and understand why it is important to communicate and collaborate across the organization.
- Positive, contagious and enthusiastic attitude with the ability to adapt to evolving needs.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal stakeholders.
- Ability to establish and promote good working relationships and work collaboratively across all levels of an organization.
- Able to evaluate situations, analyze the sensitivity and prioritize accordingly.
- Superior time management and organizational skills with a keen eye for detail.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and be creative.
- Strong working knowledge of program management tools including google suite, Slack, Atlassian Jira and Confluence
- Experience with software development and delivery using Agile
- Experience mentoring teams in Agile practices
- Experience working with a geographically-dispersed workforce through the use of video conferencing and Internet chat communications tools
- Personal commitment to the highest standards of work product, confidentiality and integrity.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.