The nonprofit Mozilla Foundation is passionate about safeguarding the Internet as a global public resource that is open and accessible to all. Our work is guided by the Mozilla Manifesto. The direct work of the Mozilla Foundation focuses on fueling the movement for an open Internet. We do this by connecting open Internet leaders with each other and by mobilizing grassroots activists around the world.
You will be responsible for drafting and negotiating independent contractor, consulting, vendor and other agreements; and will support and work closely with team members throughout the Foundation to advance our mission to protect the free and open internet.
You are a reliable, experienced, and self-motivated individual with relational and communication skills, in written and verbal form, who will work independently and as part of our team.
You have a genuine interest in logistical responsibilities, a minimum of five years contracts management experience, and a desire to learn, grow, and contribute to the impact of the Mozilla Foundation.
What you’ll do:
Prioritize, review, draft, negotiate, and process consulting, vendor, and contractor commercial agreements, as well as other agreements that may come up from time to time, and support program teams as needed. As part of this, you will:
- Draft agreements from established templates and coordinate with Finance, Human Resources, Legal, and other teams to conduct and obtain all needed reviews and approvals;
- Liaise with external partners as required;
- Manage the contract lifecycle from intake requests to electronic signature of documents and internal filing, using tools such as Bugzilla, DocuSign, Bill.com and Box;
- Work with and support Mozilla program teams, contractors, partners, and fellows, and assist with immigration-related needs;
- Help to define new contract and program management processes; identify and implement opportunities to streamline existing processes;
- Assist the Operations Team in identifying and/or developing team priorities and goals;
- Maintain Bugzilla, the Foundation's contracts management system.
Bring a successful track record that demonstrates the ability to draft, negotiate, and manage the process to finalize independent contractor, consulting, procurement, professional, and other service agreements for a technology driven non-profit organization. Qualified applicants will bring the following experience and talents to the Contracts Manager role:
- 5+ years of relevant contracts management and/or paralegal background with extensive experience drafting and negotiating agreements
- Excellent oral and written communication, drafting, and negotiation skills
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
- Dedication to service and support for members of our team; timely response to requests and follow-up as needed
- Excellent project and time management skills including experience being an active participant in planning, developing, and maintaining contract processes
- Risk analysis experience and appreciation of business considerations; comfortable making business and legal recommendations to members of our team
- Enthusiasm for the Mozilla mission; Ability to operate independently and as a team member
- In-house technology company experience, and familiarity with web technologies including Bill.com, Box, and DocuSign
- Be a notary public or willing to become one
This position may be based in the United States or Canada in one of our North American offices (Toronto, San Francisco, or Mountain View).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Internal job level: 14-15