Moz is looking for a high-energy, strategic and growth-minded individual who can help enhance Moz’s marketing vision, strategy and execution. Here at Moz, we believe that SEO plays a strategic role in powering a better way to do marketing. We need a leader to develop and drive that marketing vision. Joining Moz means re-envisioning the narrative for how SEO fits into the martech stack and engineering an effective, scalable growth engine. Are you up to the challenge?
In this strategic role, the CMO has significant responsibility at Moz. Moz is at a growth stage and this person will need to support our enterprise sales group, manage our thriving community and top-tier events, and drive our self-service business. Additionally, this person will drive our PR and vendor/partner relationships. Being analytical and metrics-driven, this person will conceive new strategies for growing our revenue and audience and work with the marketing team to implement roles, programs and campaigns that drive results.
- Be a passionate, accessible, and empathetic leader who inspires the marketing team to action and results
- Generate a B2B marketing strategy for Moz that meets our stated business goals while maintaining our values and brand; manage and update that strategy to reflect progress we make
- Partner with VP of Sales to develop strategy for multi-faceted lead generation and account based marketing, as well as sales enablement tools and content
- Develop and lead the implementation of strategic programs, such as vertical specific initiatives, enterprise initiatives, partner programming and agency business development
- Manage, mentor, lead, and grow a diverse marketing team responsible for lead generation and nurture, email marketing, community and events management, social media marketing, growth, acquisition and retention
- Develop a complete and holistic understanding of the metrics that indicate business health for us as a SaaS company, most notably acquisition, churn, arpu, vesting, and revenue. Understanding what other metrics affect these numbers at Moz, how these numbers change seasonally and what activities will impact these numbers is critical to being successful in this role
- Analyze and understand our existing marketing funnels to optimize for up-market lead generation and self-service customer acquisition
- Establish and measure near term and long term goals for the marketing teams that empower individuals by establishing the connection between their contributions and Moz’s strategy and business goals
- Understand the technology stack behind Moz’s marketing infrastructure by working with the product owner and collaborate on roadmaps for additional technology stack needs relative to marketing activity
- Negotiate vendor and partner contracts to the best possible outcome for Moz
- Partner and work closely across all of Moz to develop ongoing relationships with teams, leaders and employees
- Establish and lead the implementation of PR plans that help reinforce Moz’s position as a leader in SEO software tools, while managing through any changes in positioning to market
- Represent Moz externally as needed to increase visibility into our brand and products, and to build relationships
- Inform and carefully manage the Moz Marketing budget
- High motivation, high empathy, high drive and the ability to self-manage
- 10+ years experience working in marketing leadership, with preferred experience in lead generation and growth/acquisition, plus a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in a marketing or business-related field
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skill, both written and oral. You must be able to build bridges with internal teams as well as external partners and vendors
- A proven ability to understand and leverage analytics and work with data to understand the health and performance of all channels of marketing relative to the business
- The ability to identify, hire, and retain excellent talent to push our marketing team to the next level
- Experience with and strong knowledge of best practices for multiple types of marketing and sales channels, with a strong preference for agency and enterprise programs
- An ability to seamlessly adapt to changing business needs. Our industry changes regularly, and the strategic direction of the company is also evolving. We need someone who can thrive with those changes, seeing them as an opportunity rather than a hindrance
- Diplomacy and excellent skill in both leadership and conflict resolution
We build software to help marketers do better marketing. We are dedicated to the future of SEO and we are a long-time leader in our space. We receive frequent recognition for our accomplishments and most recently received 2nd place honors in the PSBJ Best Places to Work.
Behind our software is a sea of Mozzers with a wide array of personalities, experiences, and expertise. We’ve worked hard and deliberately to build a cultural roadmap. Learn more about us below before you apply:
- TAGFEE is the glue that holds us together and binds how we do everything at Moz. As Mozzers, we aspire to live and breathe these values.
- We make the web a better place: (http://moz.com/about) and this is how we do it: (http://moz.com/products).
- Not convinced we are awesome yet? Check out our Instagram and YouTube Channel
Sneak Peak at the Goodies
- Competitive salary, 401K, stock options
- Generous time off plus $3,000 per year towards your vacation!!
- Home internet and transportation subsidies
- 150% charitable donation match
- And so much more (feel free to grill us about the rest in the interview!)
Why Moz? Because we love what we do.
Moz is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing a work environment that is free from any form of discrimination. Moz values diversity and fosters mutual respect among its employees.
Moz participates in E-Verify