The Moz Pro team produces all of the tools available under the Moz Pro subscription, including Moz Pro Campaigns, Keyword Explorer, Research Tools, and the MozBar. The engineering team comprises a platform/API dev group, a frontend/apps team, and a test/performance team. We empower customers to keep pace with the lively and restless world of SEO by constantly expanding and improving Moz’s suite of data collection, processing, and aggregation services, and by building a beautiful suite of analytics and reporting applications on the web.
Moz Pro engineering is based at the Moz headquarters in Seattle.
What’s Important to Us
- High technical quality. We know our stack and tools and how to use them effectively. We constantly improve code and practices, work to reduce technical debt, and optimize systems to perform at scale.
- A commitment to shipping. It’s important to deliver, and we value getting new products and features to customers regularly.
- Curiosity and motivation to learn. We’re always looking for opportunities for development and growth.
- Product and and customer focus. Our team is invested in the experience of the products we build beyond the code.
- Collaboration. Team-focused communication, knowledge-sharing, and problem-solving make us more effective.
- Diversity & Inclusivity. Moz is committed to building diverse teams where people of all identities and backgrounds are welcome, included, and respected. We work to help close the gender gap in tech, and to actively recruit people from other underrepresented groups. We strongly encourage women, gender diverse people, and minority candidates to apply for this role.
What You’ll Do
- Design, code, and maintain Moz Pro’s platform application ecosystem
- Scale up and tune our core platform systems as we address our software suite to larger and more complex customer segments, including enterprise. Challenges come in the form of concurrency, data scale, and computational efficiency.
- Provide code reviews, technical feedback, and system design leadership
Experience We Want to See
- 3+ years experience building distributed backend systems, ideally for SaaS / web applications
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science, or equivalent training and experience
- Time in a role with responsibilities outside of code, e.g., monitoring, instrumentation, operations, SDET, managing servers/containers, deployment
- Proficiency in functional and object-oriented programming
What You’ll Work With
- Messaging systems (e.g., NSQ)
- Amazon Web Services (especially S3)
- Lots of other interesting tools
We build software to help marketers do better marketing. We are dedicated to the future of SEO and we are a long-time leader in our space. We receive frequent recognition for our accomplishments and most recently received 2nd place honors in the PSBJ Best Places to Work.
Behind our software is a sea of Mozzers with a wide array of personalities, experiences, and expertise. We’ve worked hard and deliberately to build a cultural roadmap. Learn more about us below before you apply:
- TAGFEE is the glue that holds us together and binds how we do everything at Moz. As Mozzers, we aspire to live and breathe these values.
- We make the web a better place: (http://moz.com/about) and this is how we do it: (http://moz.com/products).
Sneak Peek at the Goodies
- Competitive salary, 401K, stock options
- Generous time off plus $3,000 per year towards your vacation!
- Home internet and transportation subsidies
- 150% charitable donation match
- And so much more (feel free to grill us about the rest in the interview!)
Moz is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing a work environment that is free from any form of discrimination. Moz values diversity and fosters mutual respect among its employees. Moz participates in E-Verify.