We are looking for an engineer with experience creating robust and scalable services to create and support application platforms and development infrastructure across Moz.
In this position, you will be part of a team that designs and implements the systems that act as the backbone of our products and services. We aim to build systems that provide features like auto-scaling, self-healing, automatic load balancing, service discovery, configuration management, orchestration and more across many machines and multiple data centers.
You will get a chance to design, implement and manage these features to make development easier, increase utilization and efficiency of compute resources, better share resources across multiple systems and more.
- Experience with Configuration management systems such as Chef or Ansible
- Proficient in Bash
- Proficient scripting in Perl, Python, or Ruby and the ability to pick up new languages
- A deep desire and ability to analyze and optimize systems
- A desire to automate manual tasks
- Demonstrable understanding of basic computer science fundamentals
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other engineers
- A desire to learn on the go and apply knowledge as needed
- Ability to research options beyond what you have experience with in order to solve a problem
Nice to haves:
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- 3+ years work with Linux in a production environment
- Experience supporting containerized services
- Experience with various virtualization technologies, such as OpenStack, VMWare, and KVM.
- Network troubleshooting at both server and network elements. Eg. TCPDump, Wireshark, NetFlow analysis
- Experience creating and reporting SLAs and uptime metrics
- Understanding of object-oriented and functional programming concepts
- Experience with distributed systems and micro-services architecture
- Experience with or good understanding of one of the many orchestration systems like Mesos, Kubernetes etc
About the role
- Work collaboratively with a team comprised of DevOps Engineers and Software Development Engineers
- Write, maintain, and standardize processes for Chef cookbook development
- Build continuous integration workflows and systems
- Participate in code-reviews across teams
- Participate in architectural design reviews
- Build test, stage and production infrastructure
- Document operational processes
- Collaborate with multiple software engineering teams to drive projects to success
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- Apply knowledge of container technology and related tooling to our microservices platform
- Build and maintain services that include: ELK based logging service, Vault, Chef, Mesos, and Datadog
We build analytics software that gives our users the technical edge towards better marketing on the web. We are dedicated to the future of marketing analytics. We’re obsessed with it. We’ve been at it for over 10 years and we’re in it for the long haul. We’re a leader in our space receiving frequent recognition for our accomplishments (Over the years the list includes:Inc 5000, Deloitte Fast 500 and the Puget Sound Business Journal's fastest growing private companies).
Behind our software is a sea of Mozzers with a wide array of personalities, experiences, and expertise. We’ve worked hard and deliberately to build a cultural roadmap. It’s not just about ping pong games and company parties (though we have those, too!). Learn more about us below before you apply:
- TAGFEE is the glue that holds us together and binds how we do everything at Moz. As Mozzers, we aspire to live and breathe these values.
- We make the web a better place: (http://moz.com/about) and this is how we do it: (http://moz.com/products).
- Not convinced we are awesome yet? Check out our video “Why we love Moz” and our amazing benefits package.
Sneak Peak at the Goodies
- Competitive salary, 401K, stock options
- Generous time off plus $3,000 per year towards your vacation!!
- Home internet and transportation subsidies
- 150% charitable donation match
- And so much more (feel free to grill us about the rest in the interview!)
Why Moz? Because we love what we do.
Moz is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing a work environment that is free from any form of discrimination. Moz values diversity and fosters mutual respect among its employees.
Moz participates in E-Verify