Moz is looking for a Senior Software Developer to join our Rapid Prototyping Team (RPT). This team is responsible for working closely with product managers to take ideas for new features and quickly validate their technical and business feasibility.
This role is an exciting opportunity for a senior engineer who enjoys working on new features starting at the ideation phase. You'll lead projects to deliver new features to our customer, as well as improvements to the efficiency and reliability of our existing products. You'll also contribute to major architectural decisions that will define the next generation of application development at Moz.
The team responsible for customer-facing applications that deliver SEO data insights. Through the applications they build, Moz customers are able to access insights, workflows, and aggregations of information above and beyond Moz's core data offerings.
We are an office optional company. This position can be fully remote from anywhere within the USA or Canada. We're also open to having folks be based out of our Seattle, WA or Vancouver, BC offices.
Diversity & Inclusivity. Moz is committed to building diverse teams where people of all identities and backgrounds are welcome, included, and respected. It's our mission and promise to interview a diverse and representative slate of candidates before making an offer for our open roles.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with Product Managers and User Experience Designers to deliver and iterate on new Moz Pro features for customers.
- Help determine the business and technical viability of proposed new features.
- Build, maintain, and support new services and components for Moz Pro using Node.js and React.
- Contribute to and promote engineering best practices and standards by providing leadership to peers, working closely with the Principal Engineers and engineering leadership, and providing cross-team feedback.
- Understand and embrace our core values: Transparency, Accountable, Generous, Fun, Empathetic and Exceptional.
Experience We Want to See
- You've contributed to the development of new features and have worked closely with product managers to validate new ideas from both a technical and business/user perspective.
- You've worked on applications which leverage large amounts of data.
- You have experience being on-call for production services you owned - personal projects count if they have monitoring and alerting!
- You have experience working with distributed systems.
- You're comfortable working with SQL and relational databases.
- You enjoy mentoring individuals throughout their career growth.
- You have experience with AWS.
- You have worked as or with an SRE.
- You have knowledge of search and SEO.
Moz is the most trusted authority in online search with powerful SEO and Local Search platforms to help marketers improve the position of their brands, business locations and competitive rank in search results. Moz’s platforms are powered by world class-quality data, both robust and fresh enough to serve as the foundation upon which crucial business decisions are made.
Moz was founded in 2006 and is a subsidiary of J2 Global (NASDAQ: JCOM)
Our benefits include:
- A strong commitment to work-life balance. We're big believers in vacations and provide a US$3,000 per calendar year vacation expense reimbursement for all employees.
- Employer match contributions on retirement plans.
- Personal career development including 10 face to face career coaching sessions a year.
- 100% match on charitable contributions up to $5,000/year.