Moz is looking for a Senior Product Analyst to define our suite of product metrics. This is an exciting opportunity to create a roadmap for product metrics at a strategic level. You’ll have a huge impact on the next generation of product analytics at Moz! We have existing tooling and a data warehouse and need someone to take the metrics to the next level.
We are an office optional company. This position can be fully remote from anywhere within the USA or Canada. We're also open to having folks be based out of our Seattle, WA or Vancouver, BC offices.
Diversity & Inclusivity: Moz is committed to building diverse teams where people of all identities and backgrounds are welcome, included, and respected. It's our mission and promise to interview a diverse and representative slate of candidates before making an offer for our open roles.
What You’ll Do:
- Build a vision and roadmap for product analytics.
- Recommend tooling and approaches to better capture the data we need in order to understand and characterize interactions and value drivers in our products.
- Define and measure how customers get value from our tools.
- Build metrics and reports in collaboration with Product Managers to be used to understand how our products are performing. Help surface new insights and identify unexpected behaviors.
- Design, structure, monitor and champion A/B testing within our SaaS products.
Experience We Want to See
- You should have significant experience as a BI/product analyst or engineer. Your experience has been spread across multiple companies or a progression of increasing seniority and complexity in a single company over the course of many years.
- SQL expert. You are absolutely comfortable diving into our data warehouse and immediately building metrics from existing data. You can join large datasets to one another efficiently, calculate aggregated metrics, and use advanced features like CTEs and window functions with ease.
- You’ve defined product metrics for software products previously. You have experience with web analytics and tracking (page view, clicks, etc.), A/B testing, and subscription data.
- We rely on AWS, Tableau and Python so you should be comfortable with those or comparable products.
- Strong collaboration skills. You’ve worked in an environment where you’ve provided advice and direction to folks in product in the past. You’re comfortable presenting options, taking feedback, and building strong relationships and have a reputation for excellence over time.
- You will present findings to the highest levels of leadership in product and across the company. You are adept at understanding the level of detail and technical information to include, how to translate concepts to folks in all areas of a company (marketing, product, engineering, etc.), and how to tell a compelling narrative around data and insights.
Moz is the most trusted authority in online search with powerful SEO and Local Search platforms to help marketers improve the position of their brands, business locations and competitive rank in search results. Moz’s platforms are powered by world class-quality data, both robust and fresh enough to serve as the foundation upon which crucial business decisions are made.
Moz was founded in 2006 and is a subsidiary of J2 Global (NASDAQ: JCOM)
Our benefits include:
- A strong commitment to work-life balance. We're big believers in vacations and provide a US$3,000 per calendar year vacation expense reimbursement for all employees.
- Employer match contributions on retirement plans.
- Personal career development including 10 face to face career coaching sessions a year.
- 100% match on charitable contributions up to $5,000/year.