We’re hiring an engineering manager to lead one of our full-stack development teams, with an ambitious roadmap to add significant new functionality to our core products this year. This team is in an exciting position to:
- Add customer growth through adding new innovative features
- Build towards a new technical stack by making operational investments in existing services and strategic advancements in new services to set Moz up for future success
In addition to the opportunities the team provides, we’ve recently expanded our engineering manager cohort. You’ll have opportunities to mentor other developing managers and have a big impact on our management culture.
What You’ll Do
- Deliver value to customers on a consistent basis by supporting the team to execute on our ambitious roadmap with innovative product features.
- Work in a highly collaborative and supportive environment, where Product and Engineering work together to prioritize solving the most important problems and support our teams.
- Coach and guide your team to solve technical challenges like supporting multiple teams building front-end applications while maintaining a cohesive look and feel, building new services to surface our industry-leading data to customers in ways that produce insights and competitive advantages for our users, and optimizing existing services to ensure up-time and a consistent and dependable user experience.
- Support a group of exceptional developers with a mix of skills and experience. Build and maintain a highly functional team.
Experience We Want to See
- At least 2 years of experience leading and managing engineers with staffing responsibility.
- At least 5 years of experience delivering products or services using web technologies in an agile environment.
- At least 2 years of experience on a team whose work directly affected customer or end-user product experience.
- Working knowledge of the systems that make up modern web applications, especially client-side development.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and develop teams and individuals.
Preferred Experience and Knowledge
- Product and UX knowledge and focus.
- Experience leading distributed or remote teams.
- Experience building SaaS products, especially mature products that have sustained growth over time.
- Significant experience as a software engineer or SDET.
- Knowledge of search and SEO.
Who You’ll Work With
- A cross-functional product group balancing new feature development with sustaining and expanding the current high-growth product. Our Product Managers are embedded on teams and are valued and important team members! You’ll work closely with your Product Manager and can rely on them as a strong partner to you.
- Other engineering leaders who are working to continually improve and evolve the culture and practice of software development at the company, bringing new ways of working and diverse perspectives to our organization. We have a mix of new and seasoned managers, and you’ll have opportunities as a leader to help mentor newer managers from your experience.
What’s Important to Us
- TAGFEE. Understand and embrace our core values: Transparency, Accountable, Generous, Fun, Empathetic and Exceptional. You’ll set an example and create accountability for the team.
- Diversity & Inclusivity. Engineering managers are critically important to building and maintaining our culture, and we expect all managers to build and support diverse teams where people of all identities and backgrounds are welcome, included, respected, and can thrive.
- Moz is committed to building diverse teams where people of all identities and backgrounds are welcome, included, and respected. It's our mission and promise to interview a diverse and representative slate of candidates before making an offer for our open roles.
Moz is the most trusted authority in online search with powerful SEO and Local Search platforms to help marketers improve the position of their brands, business locations and competitive rank in search results. Moz’s platforms are powered by world-class quality data, both robust and fresh enough to serve as the foundation upon which crucial business decisions are made.
Some reasons why you’d want to work with us:
- You want to play a big part in a small but profitable company who are industry leaders.
- You do your best in a setting where excellent work is what’s valued—not face time (a good work-life balance is just how we do things!)
- You value authenticity and a work environment that values who you are and what you can do.
- You’re looking for a big challenge that involves lots of variety, collaboration, inventiveness, and on your toes thinking.
- You want to work alongside people who are passionate, friendly, and helpful.
Our benefits include:
- A strong commitment to work-life balance. We're big believers in vacations and provide a US$3,000 per calendar year vacation expense reimbursement for all employees.
- Employer match contributions on retirement plans.
- Personal career development including 10 face to face career coaching sessions a year.
- 100% match on charitable contributions up to $5,000/year.