We’re looking for a seasoned SEO with strong content marketing and writing chops to join Moz’s Growth Marketing team. You’ll be responsible for developing and implementing SEO strategies to drive new customer acquisition through organic traffic channels. In this role, you will create engaging, SEO-driven content for Moz.com to increase rankings, maximize the visibility of the Moz brand and our suite of products. You’ll play a pivotal role to craft unique and compelling web copy, utilizing on-page SEO best practices, that drives traffic and conversions.
The ideal candidate is a master at keeping up with the ever-changing pace of SEO and the digital marketing industry. You love solving SEO challenges, and are always looking for ways to test new ideas, then analyze their impact. You enjoy writing web copy that is optimized for search and can craft an exceptional headline without breaking a sweat. You love improving search visibility–both technically and creatively–in big, bold ways.
What You Will Do
- Develop & implement SEO strategy for moz.com to maximize traffic and revenue opportunities via organic traffic channels.
- Track and optimize search results and search performance across major search channels to improve rankings.
- Conduct keyword research to optimize existing content, uncover new opportunities and inform content strategy.
- Develop and implement link building campaigns.
- Develop copy for moz.com with SEO & conversion optimization front-of-mind. Write powerful calls-to-action to engage & convert visitors.
- Regularly monitor the SEO health of Moz.com. Determine, analyze, and report on SEO KPIs to key stakeholders.
- Research and analyze competitor seo tactics and have a thorough understanding of the competitive landscape.
- Responsible for day-to-day maintenance of Google Search Console tools and Bing Webmaster Tools.
- Work cross-functionally with other teams to implement SEO best practices for Moz properties.
- Regularly share your industry knowledge on the Moz Blog in a way that supports our audience and helps grow the Moz Brand.
- Stay up to date with the latest SEO and digital marketing trends and best practices.
- Contribute to and keep Moz's Learn SEO content up-to-date with industry best practices.
- Update and contribute to new guides, including the Beginner's Guide to SEO.
- Provide regular and timely reporting on SEO performance metrics and initiatives.
Experience We Want to See
- You have a proven track record of driving traffic & conversions through SEO. You’ve worked to improve sites either in-house or through client work.
- Experience with common SEO tools and tasks, including keyword research, link checkers, site crawls/audits, structured data, URL structures, and more.
- Well-versed in technical SEO & best practices.
- Ability to inform strategic content planning including high search volume/high opportunity content topics/keywords, and optimization of content for search engines.
- Mastery of SEO tools like Google Search Console, Google Analytics & Moz. Familiarity with STAT a plus.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel and/or Google Sheets.
- Excellent writing skills. You can create unique and compelling web copy. Samples are required, especially web content you’ve written.
- A dual-minded approach: You’re highly creative and an excellent writer but can also be process-driven, think at scale, and rely on data to make decisions.
Moz is the most trusted authority in online search with powerful SEO and Local Search platforms to help marketers improve the position of their brands, business locations and competitive rank in search results. Moz’s platforms are powered by world class-quality data, both robust and fresh enough to serve as the foundation upon which crucial business decisions are made. For both large enterprises looking to gain an edge in the increasingly complex and ever-changing world of search or an agency seeking an SEO platform to accelerate client growth, Moz has a solution. Check it out at www.moz.com.
Some reasons why you’d want to work with us:
- You want to play a big part in a small but profitable company who are industry leaders.
- You do your best in a setting where excellent work is what’s valued—not face time (a good work-life balance is just how we do things!)
- You value authenticity and a work environment that values who you are and what you can do.
- You’re looking for a big challenge that involves lots of variety, collaboration, inventiveness, and on your toes thinking.
- You want to work alongside people who are passionate, friendly, and helpful.
Our benefits include:
- A strong commitment to work-life balance. We provide a US$3,000 per calendar year vacation expense reimbursement for all employees as well as monthly home internet access and cell phone stipends.
- Employer match contributions on retirement plans.
- Generous paid time off and flexible work from home policies.
- Personal career development including 10 face to face career coaching sessions a year.
- 100% match on charitable contributions up to $5,000/year.
- Generous paid parental, medical and family leave policies to support you during major life events.