Moz is looking for a Senior Software Developer to join the User Services team, responsible for building applications to support all invoicing, charging, and subscription-management for Moz products.
The team is part of the larger engineering group at Moz which supports the development of Moz’s core SaaS products. Engineering collaborates across roles and disciplines to deliver tools for digital marketers in all industries and aspects of Search.
User Services is a distributed team with members in Seattle and distributed across North American timezones. We usually work remotely and in the Moz office, with regular travel to get the whole team together. Right now the whole team is full-time remote.
What’s Important to Us
- Accountable. Is action-oriented. Takes initiative. Solves problems and takes ownership.
- Technically skilled. Understands the concepts underpinning their work. Knows their stack and tools and how to use them effectively. Able to quickly add additional technologies and capabilities. Excited to work on all parts of the application stack. Has opinions about how to do things well.
- Stakeholder oriented. Takes responsibility for the quality and experience of the products they build and the value they provide to internal stakeholders. Invested in the success of Moz as a whole.
- Resourceful and adaptable. Looks for information and answers to questions proactively and shares that knowledge. Willing to take on unexpected responsibilities and challenges. Can function in situations without rigorous structure or process.
- Collaborative. Is team-focused and shares information openly. Able to communicate effectively within a distributed team and with different levels of understanding. Enlists others when solving problems to make sure all perspectives are considered. Asks for help when needed and looks for opportunities to offer help.
- Detail oriented. Payments processing requires precision. Pays attention to the details, puts process and structure in place to ensure excellent reliability, and accuracy in payments systems.
- Relationship builder. Builds strong relationships throughout Moz, and in the engineering org in particular. Works collaboratively with other engineers.
- TAGFEE. Understands and embraces core Moz values. Contributes to creating a welcoming environment for all. Deeply committed to diversity and inclusion, and shows that through action.
- Diversity & Inclusivity. Moz is committed to building diverse teams where people of all identities and backgrounds are welcome, included, and respected. We work to help close the gender gap in tech, and to actively recruit people from other underrepresented groups. We strongly encourage women, gender diverse people, and minority candidates to apply for this role.
What You’ll Do
- Work within our agile framework to deliver software against the subscription and payments problem-space using industry best practices
- Work collaboratively with the engineers on the User-Services team to create and enforce development best practices to ensure high-quality software
- As a senior developer on the team, scope projects that will improve our existing subscriptions and payments infrastructure
- Contribute to our devops culture by maintaining our systems, including creating documentation, runbooks, monitoring and alerting, integration tests, etc. Participate in the on-call rotation with the rest of the team
- Maintain SLAs for our applications, APIs and back-end services
- Participate in architecture design and development for new features and capabilities, and for migration of legacy systems, to meet business and customer needs.
Experience We Want to See
- At least 5 years of experience as a software developer
- At least 5 years of experience delivering products or services using web technologies
- Experience working with relational and non-relational databases
- Experience working with API design and distributed backend systems
- Experience working remotely with a distributed team
- Great problem solving skills
- Understanding and support for pragmatic, agile software development practices
- Excellent accountability
Preferred Experience and Knowledge
- Experience working on a payments development team
- Experience working in AWS
- Experience with SaaS products, especially mature products that have sustained growth over time
- Knowledge of search and SEO
Who You’ll Work With
- Other developers who are working to continually improve and evolve the culture and practice of software development at the company, bringing new ways of working and diverse perspectives to our organization
Moz is the most trusted authority in online search with powerful SEO and Local Search platforms to help marketers improve the position of their brands, business locations and competitive rank in search results. Moz’s platforms are powered by world class-quality data, both robust and fresh enough to serve as the foundation upon which crucial business decisions are made. For both large enterprises looking to gain an edge in the increasingly complex and ever-changing world of search or an agency seeking an SEO platform to accelerate client growth, Moz has a solution. Check it out at www.moz.com.
Some reasons why you’d want to work with us:
- You want to play a big part in a small but profitable company who are industry leaders.
- You do your best in a setting where excellent work is what’s valued—not face time (a good work-life balance is just how we do things!)
- You value authenticity and a work environment that values who you are and what you can do.
- You’re looking for a big challenge that involves lots of variety, collaboration, inventiveness, and on your toes thinking.
- You want to work alongside people who are passionate, friendly, and helpful.
Our benefits include:
- A strong commitment to work-life balance. We provide a $3,000 per calendar year vacation expense reimbursement for all employees as well as monthly home internet access and cell phone stipends.
- Employer match contributions on retirement plans.
- Generous paid time off and flexible work from home policies.
- Personal career development including 10 face to face career coaching sessions a year.
- Twice a year merit pay increases.
- 100% match on charitable contributions up to $5,000/year.
- Generous paid parental, medical and family leave policies to support you during major life events.
We value diversity, equity and inclusion.