Moz is poised to take the SEO industry to its next evolution and we're looking for experienced software developers to help make this happen. We are embarking on an effort to leverage our data collection pipelines with a state of the art application ecosystem that will be unmatched and we need smart and creative engineers who are looking for a challenge and want to grow and evolve as engineering professionals as we grow and evolve our business.
Why You Want To Work With Us:
- Do you love to manipulate data in efficient ways? We have projects that will utilize the latest that AWS has to offer with Athena and AWS Glue.
- Do you love building services that never fail? We have projects to enhance existing and build new services using NodeJS, Ruby, Python, Go and PHP. Our goal is to enable rapid evolution of customer functionality through ongoing experimentation and learning new things about what we can do every day. To do this, the services we need to leverage need to always be ready to go.
- We like to play! Using JS in the browser while also providing API access to our customers, we continually provide new and better solutions to our customers to help them be successful.
Experience We Want To See:
- Professional experience working in a production environment where you've successfully shipped products or new features. This is an ideal role for someone who has some professional development experience but recognizes they still have some things to learn before they're ready for a senior role. 3-5 years of experience would be ideal though quality is more important than quantity!
- We want to see some API design experience.
- Familiarity with database management, ideally MySQL, Mongo or PostgreSQL.
- Comfort working in an AWS environment.
Moz is the most trusted authority in online search with powerful SEO and Local Search platforms to help marketers improve the position of their brands, business locations and competitive rank in search results. Moz’s platforms are powered by world class-quality data, both robust and fresh enough to serve as the foundation upon which crucial business decisions are made. For both large enterprises looking to gain an edge in the increasingly complex and ever-changing world of search or an agency seeking an SEO platform to accelerate client growth, Moz has a solution. Check it out at www.moz.com.
Some reasons why you’d want to work with us:
- You want to play a big part in a small but profitable company who are industry leaders.
- You do your best in a setting where excellent work is what’s valued—not face time (a good work-life balance is just how we do things!)
- You value authenticity and a work environment that values who you are and what you can do.
- You’re looking for a big challenge that involves lots of variety, collaboration, inventiveness, and on your toes thinking.
- You want to work alongside people who are passionate, friendly, and helpful.
Our benefits include:
- A strong commitment to work-life balance. We provide a $3,000 per calendar year vacation expense reimbursement for all employees as well as monthly home internet access and cell phone stipends.
- Employer match contributions on retirement plans.
- Generous paid time off and flexible work from home policies.
- Personal career development including 10 face to face career coaching sessions a year.
- Twice a year merit pay increases.
- 100% match on charitable contributions up to $5,000/year.
- Generous paid parental, medical and family leave policies to support you during major life events.
We value diversity, equity and inclusion.