Moz is looking for a savvy business leader to drive all aspects of product marketing strategy. This role will collaborate with product management, marketing, finance and sales to develop pricing, packaging and go-to-market strategies to maintain Moz’s leadership in an increasingly competitive marketing analytics space.
In this role you’ll be expected to think strategically while also being able to roll up your sleeves and work with others on tight deadlines.
What’s Important to Us
- A strong sense of strategic focus and business acumen.
- Having critical thinking skills and being able to tie multiple concepts together to form a strategic path.
- Being a creative problem solver who can craft messaging which simplifies technical concepts.
- A willingness to dive in and get the job done. “Not my job” isn’t in your vocabulary.
- Being able to lead, manage and nurture a team of product marketing specialists.
What You’ll Do
- Optimize and execute pricing and packaging initiatives that maximize customer acquisition, retention and revenue expansion opportunities.
- Align the overall product marketing strategy across all Moz products to company goals and initiatives.
- Ensure new products and features are launched with customer success (discoverability, purchase flow, etc) in mind to maximize results.
- Develop innovative, customer-focused ways to package and price our solutions for customers, leveraging key value-drivers and optimizing revenue yield for Moz.
- Drive customer awareness and adoption of new products and features.
- Develop competitive positioning, provide insights, and talking points that can be leveraged by Marketing, Sales, and Support teams.
- Ensure product messaging is consistent, accurate, and on-brand across all channels, including our website, sales materials, in-product content, and collateral.
- Spot opportunities to drive alignment and collaboration between marketing teams to maximize the reach of marketing initiatives across channels.
- Understand and analyze our customer segments, buyers, and market trends, using surveys, interviews, and other research methods.
- Stay up to date on competitor moves and industry trends and update competitor SWOT analysis as necessary.
- Keep the product marketing calendar up to date as timelines shift, communicating and collaborating often with the broader marketing team to adjust strategies and tactics accordingly.
Experience We Want to See
- A proven track record of product marketing or product management experience in a SaaS company, ideally with both B2B and B2C experience. You will have successfully brought multiple products to market.
- Experience developing packaging and pricing strategies for SaaS product including experience in self-service products.
- Experience managing SaaS products across a multi-year lifecycle.
- A solid background in digital marketing.
- Experience leading, managing and mentoring a small team.
- Experience with pricing, packaging and managing API products.
- Pragmatic Institute (aka: Pragmatic Marketing) Certified in at least one course.
- Experience in SEO.
Moz is the most trusted authority in online search with powerful SEO and Local Search platforms to help marketers improve the position of their brands, business locations and competitive rank in search results. Moz’s platforms are powered by world class-quality data, both robust and fresh enough to serve as the foundation upon which crucial business decisions are made. For both large enterprises looking to gain an edge in the increasingly complex and ever-changing world of search or an agency seeking an SEO platform to accelerate client growth, Moz has a solution. Check it out at www.moz.com.
Some reasons why you’d want to work with us:
- You want to play a big part in a small but profitable company who are industry leaders.
- You do your best in a setting where excellent work is what’s valued—not face time (a good work-life balance is just how we do things!)
- You value authenticity and a work environment that values who you are and what you can do.
- You’re looking for a big challenge that involves lots of variety, collaboration, inventiveness, and on your toes thinking.
- You want to work alongside people who are passionate, friendly, and helpful.
Our benefits include:
- A strong commitment to work-life balance. We provide a $3,000 per calendar year vacation expense reimbursement for all employees as well as monthly home internet access and cell phone stipends.
- Employer match contributions on retirement plans.
- Generous paid time off and flexible work from home policies.
- Personal career development including 10 face to face career coaching sessions a year.
- Twice a year merit pay increases.
- 100% match on charitable contributions up to $5,000/year.
- Generous paid parental, medical and family leave policies to support you during major life events.
We value diversity, equity and inclusion.