Successful search analytics requires an understanding of two things: how a search engine algorithm works and the data set that algorithm is applied to. The Index Team at Moz focuses on this second part and the data set we work with is an index of the internet itself. “Big data” is a popular buzzword these days but at Moz we really mean it! The index we create forms the backbone of Moz Pro which is used by over 20,000 business ranging from mom and pop stores to Fortune 500 titans.
What you will do:
- Use hundreds of computers to process petabytes of data and index 40 trillion records daily.
- Design abstractions for data processing at scale.
- Employ machine learning to create a rich index of the web.
- Work on a 4 person team which has a daily impact on the success of the company.
Experience we want to see:
- A solid understanding of computer science fundamentals, not just an ability to write code.
- Ideally, recent experience in C++, AWS and Linux or a demonstrated ability with comparable technologies and an ability to adapt quickly to new environments.
- Ideally, you have applied complex algorithms to solve large scale data problems.
- We would like to see experience working with systems which routinely handle petabyte sized datasets.
- Solid communication skills - your resume should show not just your technical skills but should also make it clear how your work contributed to the success of the organization's goals.
We build search intelligence and analytics software that gives our marketing users the technical edge towards better marketing on the web. We are dedicated to the future of marketing analytics. We’re obsessed with it. We’ve been at it for over 15 years and we’re in it for the long haul. We receive frequent recognition for our accomplishments and most recently received 2nd place honors in the PSBJ Best Places to Work.
Behind our software is a sea of Mozzers with a wide array of personalities, experiences, and expertise. We’ve worked hard and deliberately to build a cultural roadmap. Learn more about us below before you apply:
TAGFEE is the glue that holds us together and binds how we do everything at Moz. As Mozzers, we aspire to live and breathe these values.
Sneak Peak at the Goodies
- Competitive salary, matching 401K, stock options
- Generous time off plus $3,000 per year towards your vacation!!
- Home internet and transportation subsidies
- 100% charitable donation match
- And so much more (feel free to grill us about the rest in the interview!)
Moz is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing a work environment that is free from any form of discrimination. Moz values diversity and fosters mutual respect among its employees.