We’re looking for a high-energy Human Resource Generalist in our Vancouver, BC office to keep us organized, aligned and in sync, like a conductor of a majestic heavy metal orchestra.
As the Human Resource Generalist, you’re integral in making sure that our team runs smoothly. Building relationships comes naturally and your communication skills are superb. Your can-do attitude ensures you’re always up for the challenge and are able to spot problems and solve them before they bubble to the surface. Skilled at juggling multiple priorities, you don’t break a sweat when things get hectic and are always happy to help out.
Reporting to the Chief People Officer, you’ll be working with a group of talented leaders who genuinely care about the well-being of their teams, our People Ops team in Seattle, as well as supporting the entire team. You’ll get to work on a lot of diverse projects that affect everyone in the organization.
Diversity & Inclusivity. Moz is committed to building diverse teams where people of all identities and backgrounds are welcome, included, and respected. We work to help close the gender gap in tech, and to actively recruit people from other underrepresented groups. We strongly encourage women, gender diverse people, and minority candidates to apply for this role.
What you will do:
People and Culture leadership:
- Foster and enable engagement, community and a healthy culture/office environment.
- Provide counsel and support to the Vancouver (YVR) management team.
- Be an ambassador of the Moz culture in YVR.
- Help promote the Moz employer brand in the Vancouver market.
People program ownership:
- Oversee onboarding for all YVR new hires.
- Partner on the planning and execution of the semi-annual merit increase process & performance management process.
- Provide input into Mozzer U for skill/knowledge building for YVR team/overall.
- Handle employee issues and provide guidance for resolution.
- Partner with managers on coaching/corrective practices to ensure the YVR team is performing as expected.
- Coordinate YVR employee events and other culture-building activities.
- Partner and execute on company-wide projects as needed.
- Support the HR & Payroll partnership by helping to implement HR procedures and make continuous improvements to our processes to ensure audit compliance and also elevate a sense of high reliability and trust with our internal, Mozzer, customers.
- Serve as the primary contact for Canadian benefit plan vendors, perform plan audits and audit monthly premium invoices, develop procedures to improve data integrity. Develop communication tools, design and distribute materials for benefits orientations. Train HR backup, payroll, and recruiting on how it all works as it applies to each function.
- Communicate and support employee changes, including onboarding and offboarding, leaves of absence, promotions, etc. Ensure data is current in HRIS, and changes are pushed to benefit plan vendors, the gov (e.g. unemployment), payroll, and other internal stakeholders.
- Familiar with and curious about employment standards. Stay up to date with changing landscape, and work closely with the rest of the People Ops to align internal policies across borders when we can and champion changes when our policies are out of date or misaligned with Canadian and BC employment law. Work with outside counsel when needed.
- Coordinate, with support from Finance, the annual renewal process for company liability insurance.
- Updates and documents all operational policies and procedures.
- Oversee the office lease and any sub-leasing opportunities.
- Oversee office security.
- Make sure safety guidelines are being followed.
What we would like to see:
- Minimum three years of experience in Human Resources, with at least 1 year experience as a Human Resources Business Partner (supporting a business unit or a remote office), experience in a start-up technology company strongly preferred.
- Strong experience with benefits programs and administration, expertise in Canadian benefit programs and practices.
- Solid background with compensation programs including salary structures, salary surveys, and benchmarking.
- Previous experience with HR systems, ADP experience preferred.
- Knowledgeable in Canadian employment laws and regulations.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and influencing skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills including ability to present, prepare reports, proposals, and employee communications.
- Must be detailed oriented with good project management skills
We build search intelligence and analytics software that gives our marketing users the technical edge towards better marketing on the web. We are dedicated to the future of marketing analytics. We’re obsessed with it. We’ve been at it for 15 years and we’re in it for the long haul. We receive frequent recognition for our accomplishments as well as being one of the best companies to work for.
In October of 2018 Moz acquired STAT, an eight year old Vancouver-based software company. STAT is a complex, distributed system that gathers, analyzes, and delivers high-volume SEO analytics data for our enterprise clients, fresh every day. We’re thrilled to come together as one company! We are both passionate about our shared values and commitment to developing the best organic search solutions for our customers.
Sneak Peak at the Goodies:
- Competitive salary, RRSP w/ match, stock options
- Generous time off plus $3,000 per year towards your vacation!!
- Home internet and transportation subsidies
- 100% charitable donation match
- And so much more (feel free to grill us about the rest in the interview!)
Some reasons why you’d want to work with us:
- You want to play a big part in growing a young, profitable company
- You do your best in a setting where excellent work is what’s valued—not face time (a good work-life balance is just how we do things)
- You value authenticity and a work environment that values who you are and what you can do
- You’re looking for a big challenge that involves lots of variety, collaboration, inventiveness, and on your toes thinking
- You want to work alongside people who are passionate, friendly, and helpful
We value diversity, equity and inclusion