Do you relish responsibility and take pride in creating, curating, editing, and publishing content that's seen by millions of eyes? Are you a skilled writer and editor who is a stickler for accuracy and has a meticulous eye for detail? Are you the type of person who loves knowing that their job has an impact? You’re the unicorn we’re looking for.
We’re not your typical B2B company. We’re leaders in our industry and have a highly engaged community. We’re the place people come to learn SEO and to do SEO. We deliver content to a wide audience that ranges from absolute beginners all the way to seasoned vets.
We’re looking for someone who will love, honor, and nurture our blog with strategic, high-impact content that speaks to our audience and grows its following. You will take the reins of our company blog - a trusted, well-respected resource which gets over 500,000 visits monthly. You’ll work to find the best authors, ideas, and practices to deliver exceptional content and value, positioning Moz as the home for thought leaders in SEO.
This role drives initiatives which include raising organic visibility through content and incorporating SEO best practices. You will collaborate cross-functionally to help drive and support awareness and acquisition campaigns, new product launches, and customer communication through a multitude of channels, including webinars, videos, PR, emails, events, and more.
This role reports to the Content Marketing Lead in the Marketing Channels team and works collaboratively with other marketing teams as well as Customer Enablement, Engineering, and Design.
Diversity & Inclusivity. Moz is committed to building diverse teams where people of all identities and backgrounds are welcome, included, and respected. We work to help close the gender gap in tech, and to actively recruit people from other underrepresented groups. We strongly encourage women, gender diverse people, and minority candidates to apply for this role.
- Manage the Moz Blog, including strategic and day-to-day activities.
- Own the blog content strategy and editorial calendar with the aim of educating, empowering, entertaining, and expanding our audience, aligning content with strategic initiatives, and promoting Moz products and services.
- Source authors and content for the blog. This includes author outreach, looking for new authors, finding appropriate authors to tackle particular subjects, nurturing author relationships with industry influencers, and working with authors to polish and translate ideas into successful posts.
- Develop and coordinate a columnist program.
- Analyze and optimize existing blog content and other site content for traffic, engagement, and conversions.
- Track, analyze, and report on blog success and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Own the blog content promotion strategy and work with others throughout Moz to promote through channels such as RSS, email subscriptions, social media, product communications, etc.
- Serve as a steward of the Moz brand, ensuring that our voice, tone, and values are accurately represented in all the content we publish.
- Create and edit for non-blog-related content, including video scripts, webinars, presentations, emails, social copy, landing pages, product sheets, etc.
- Act as a liaison for content contributors company-wide.
- Continue to grow expertise and authority in SEO, including keeping a finger on the pulse of the industry and industry news.
- Support for Product Marketing and Customer Lifecycle Marketing programs and campaigns, and other teams as necessary.
- Create basic design assets for the blog and social promotions as necessary.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in content marketing, ideally in a B2B environment.
- Truly excellent command of written English (writing and editing). Clean copy is a requisite.
- Basic background and understanding of SEO best practices with a willingness to grow.
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics and/or other web analytics software.
- Demonstrated ability to use content to drive site traffic and increase conversions.
- Understanding of content promotion channels.
- Strong time-management and organizational skills.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS helpful.
- A passion for learning and digital marketing.
*When applying, please include links to past work demonstrating various types of content.
We build search intelligence and analytics software that gives our marketing users the technical edge towards better marketing on the web. We are dedicated to the future of marketing analytics. We’re obsessed with it. We’ve been at it for 15 years and we’re in it for the long haul. We receive frequent recognition for our accomplishments as well as being one of the best companies to work for.
In October of 2018 Moz acquired STAT, an eight year old Vancouver-based software company. STAT is a complex, distributed system that gathers, analyzes, and delivers high-volume SEO analytics data for our enterprise clients, fresh every day. We’re thrilled to come together as one company! We are both passionate about our shared values and commitment to developing the best organic search solutions for our customers.
Sneak Peak at the Goodies:
- Competitive salary, 401K/RRSP w/ match, stock options
- Generous time off plus $3,000 per year towards your vacation!!
- Home internet and transportation subsidies
- 100% charitable donation match
- And so much more (feel free to grill us about the rest in the interview!)
Some reasons why you’d want to work with us:
- You want to play a big part in growing a young, profitable company
- You do your best in a setting where excellent work is what’s valued—not face time (a good work-life balance is just how we do things)
- You value authenticity and a work environment that values who you are and what you can do
- You’re looking for a big challenge that involves lots of variety, collaboration, inventiveness, and on your toes thinking
- You want to work alongside people who are passionate, friendly, and helpful
We value diversity, equity and inclusion.