Moz is looking for a talented Senior Software Developer to join our Data Collection team with a minimum of five years experience who is ready to take on challenges driven by our growth. We’re a services team that supports multiple consumer products at Moz by providing them with high-quality SEO data in a timely and cost-effective manner.
What’s Important to Us
- High technical quality. We know our stack and tools and how to use them effectively. We constantly improve code and practices, work to reduce technical debt, and optimize systems to perform at scale.
- A commitment to shipping. It’s important to deliver, and we value getting new products and features to customers regularly.
- Curiosity and motivation to learn. We’re always seeking opportunities for development and growth.
- Product and customer focus. Our team is invested in the experience of the products we build beyond the code.
- Collaboration. Team-focused communication, knowledge-sharing, and problem-solving make us more effective.
- Diversity & Inclusivity. Moz is committed to building diverse teams where people of all identities and backgrounds are welcome, included, and respected. We work to help close the gender gap in tech, and to actively recruit people from other underrepresented groups. We strongly encourage women, gender diverse people, and minority candidates to apply for this role.
What You’ll Do
- Work with the team to plan, design, and deliver new functionality in our data collection services.
- Through research and evaluation, improve and evolve our data collection systems to be more reliable, faster, and cost efficient.
- Manage our environments in Amazon Web Services (AWS) and other systems, with a focus on Infrastructure as Code (IaC) in Terraform.
- Work with the team to manage the operation of our data collection systems, ensuring that they are running smoothly at all times.
- Participate in and collaborate to continuously improve our Scrum-based agile software development process. This will include regular meetings and discussion for software design, development, and code review.
- Participate in the documentation of our software, development process, production environments, and procedures.
- Contribute to the team’s roadmap and ensure progress towards architectural excellence for our services as well as steady reduction in technical debt.
- Provide mentorship for less experienced developers on the team and foster an environment for the team to write the best code they can.
Experience We Want to See
- 5+ years working as a software developer delivering API-driven services
- Proficiency with both typed and dynamic languages, we work in Ruby and Scala
- Experience maintaining production systems, responding to bugs and outages, managing uptime
- Time in a role with operational responsibilities, e.g., monitoring, instrumentation, operations, SDET, managing servers/containers, deployment
What You’ll Work With
- Linux (Alpine)
- Travis CI
- AWS (EMR, ECS, Athena, SQS, RDS, etc…)
We build search intelligence and analytics software that gives our marketing users the technical edge towards better marketing on the web. We are dedicated to the future of marketing analytics. We’re obsessed with it. We’ve been at it for 15 years and we’re in it for the long haul. We receive frequent recognition for our accomplishments as well as being one of the best companies to work for.
In October of 2018 Moz acquired STAT, an eight year old Vancouver-based software company. STAT is a complex, distributed system that gathers, analyzes, and delivers high-volume SEO analytics data for our enterprise clients, fresh every day. We’re thrilled to come together as one company! We are both passionate about our shared values and commitment to developing the best organic search solutions for our customers.
Sneak Peak at the Goodies:
- Competitive salary, RRSP contributions, stock options
- Generous time off plus $3,000 per year towards your vacation!!
- A sizable wellness and health spending account
- Medical package including dental, optometry, prescriptions, massage, and physio
- A relaxed and welcoming work environment
- Opportunities for travel, further education, and career growth
- Flexible hours
- And more - ask us about the rest
Some reasons why you’d want to work with us:
- You want to play a big part in growing a young, profitable company
- You do your best in a setting where excellent work is what’s valued—not face time (a good work-life balance is just how we do things)
- You value authenticity and a work environment that values who you are and what you can do
- You’re looking for a big challenge that involves lots of variety, collaboration, inventiveness, and on your toes thinking
- You want to work alongside people who are passionate, friendly, and helpful
We value diversity, equity and inclusion.