Do you love social media? Is posting on the fly throughout the day just your normal? Do you get pumped up trying new and creative ways to engage with social communities, drive brand engagement, and outperform your last social campaign?
We’re not your typical B2B tech company. We’ve got a wonderfully huge and vocal community that loves interacting with us on social. They’re so active that whenever they receive any news from us whether via email or our blog, it hits Twitter within seconds. And our community is far from shy when it comes to offering up feedback or opinions. Our response? Keep it coming!
We’re looking for someone who will love, honor, and nurture this fabulous following with strategic, high-impact social media marketing programs. This is a hands-on role where you’ll be responsible for both the strategic planning and tactical doing aspects.
The ideal candidate knows that social media is not a one-size-fits-all approach. You have an expert understanding of how to optimize across platforms and keep on top of changes as they happen. You also know social media doesn’t operate in isolation — it’s a highly visible brand channel that has significant impact at many points in the overall customer journey.
This role reports into the Director, Marketing Channels and works collaboratively with Content, PR, Lifecycle Customer Marketing, and Product Marketing to establish plans and execution. This role also works cross-functionally to tap the vast social networks of our internal industry influencers, product experts, and company executives.
Diversity & Inclusivity. Moz is committed to building diverse teams where people of all identities and backgrounds are welcome, included, and respected. We work to help close the gender gap in tech, and to actively recruit people from other underrepresented groups. We strongly encourage women, gender diverse people, and minority candidates to apply for this role.
What You'll Do
- Own and lead all areas of social media and influencer marketing and community management for Moz.
- Manage day-to-day social media activities, including posting, monitoring, optimizing, responding, and engaging with our social community.
- Develop a social media marketing strategy that positions Moz as a thought leader, engages industry influencers, creates opportunities for brand engagement, and develops audiences/followers.
- Work with other marketing team members to test integrated social campaigns that seek to drive qualified traffic and conversions for core products.
- Execute plans that are tightly aligned with the content/PR calendar, customer acquisition programs, and product marketing launches.
- Develop high-impact, high-performing copy and assets that are on-brand and optimized for each social channel.
- Listen and engage in relevant social discussions about our brand, products, capabilities, and industry, and monitor for opportunities for proactive engagement.
- Understand target audience personas and leverage social media channels to increase reach and size of key audience segments.
- Establish a plan to leverage our internal influencers, and identify and engage community influencers and advocates.
- Measure and report on all social media programs against established benchmarks and goals; identify opportunities, and provide recommendations.
- Manage the people, resources, and tools required to monitor, administer, and execute plans for Moz’s community members in the Moz Q&A forum.
- Work closely and collaboratively across the marketing team and cross-functionally with Design and other internal teams to develop assets and execute social media plans.
What We Want To See
- Demonstrated professional experience in a social media focused marketing role, including writing compelling social media copy — share links to your work and be ready to show examples!
- Preferred experience in social media marketing for SaaS tech and/or B2B.
- In-depth knowledge and expertise of social media platforms, including: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Understanding of digital marketing channel strategies.
- Demonstrated experience growing qualified social audiences.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Keen eye for detail.
- Experience using social media management platform(s).
- Preferred experience with Google Analytics to track social performance.
- Experience with HubSpot would be a bonus, but not required.
We build search intelligence and analytics software that gives our marketing users the technical edge towards better marketing on the web. We are dedicated to the future of marketing analytics. We’re obsessed with it. We’ve been at it for 15 years and we’re in it for the long haul. We receive frequent recognition for our accomplishments as well as being one of the best companies to work for.
In October of 2018 Moz acquired STAT, an eight year old Vancouver-based software company. STAT is a complex, distributed system that gathers, analyzes, and delivers high-volume SEO analytics data for our enterprise clients, fresh every day. We’re thrilled to come together as one company! We are both passionate about our shared values and commitment to developing the best organic search solutions for our customers.
Sneak Peak at the Goodies:
- Competitive salary, 401K/RRSP w/ match, stock options
- Generous time off plus $3,000 per year towards your vacation!!
- Home internet and transportation subsidies
- 100% charitable donation match
- And so much more (feel free to grill us about the rest in the interview!)
Some reasons why you’d want to work with us:
- You want to play a big part in growing a young, profitable company
- You do your best in a setting where excellent work is what’s valued—not face time (a good work-life balance is just how we do things)
- You value authenticity and a work environment that values who you are and what you can do
- You’re looking for a big challenge that involves lots of variety, collaboration, inventiveness, and on your toes thinking
- You want to work alongside people who are passionate, friendly, and helpful
We value diversity, equity and inclusion.