Moz is looking for a Sr. UX Designer to join our design team. Our design team is responsible for taking sophisticated marketing analytics tools and making them intuitive enough for small business owners and capable enough for marketing professionals. In this role you will be working with key stakeholders to develop UX architecture and solutions for highly scalable and complex software needs. You will be an advocate for our users and work across teams to pitch new ideas on how to turn complex problems into engaging experiences which solve difficult problems.
What’s Important to Us:
- High technical quality. We pride ourselves on creating marketing analytics tools that are easy enough for a small business owner to use but powerful enough to meet the needs of professional marketers.
- A commitment to shipping. It’s important to deliver, and we value getting new products and features to customers regularly.
- Curiosity and motivation to learn. We’re always seeking opportunities for development and growth.
- Product and customer focus. Our team is invested in the experience of the products we build beyond the code.
- Collaboration. Team-focused communication, knowledge-sharing, and problem-solving make us more effective.
- Diversity & Inclusivity. Moz is committed to building diverse teams where people of all identities and backgrounds are welcome, included, and respected. We work to help close the gender gap in tech, and to actively recruit people from other underrepresented groups. We strongly encourage women, gender diverse people, and minority candidates to apply for this role.
What You Will Do:
- Work to understand, vet, and improve user problems and solutions, as well as process problems and solutions
- Bring together the perspective of subject matter experts, product managers and other stakeholders
- Partner with stakeholders to set priorities and find balanced design solutions to user and business goals within technical constraints.
- Work with Product Managers and Business Analysts in the requirements elicitation process
- Plan and conduct various forms of user research, depending on the needs of the project
- Drive design processes and methodologies that support user centered product development
- Define problem spaces and lead design solutions rooted in user data (quantitative and qualitative)
- Craft UX artifacts (experience maps, flows, wireframes, prototypes) to guide development and research
- Document your process and work in a way that is easy to communicate to others in the company
- Support the creation and management of a design system
- Drive innovative efforts that uncovers new value with new kinds of experiences
- Consistently champion for usability and accessibility
- Facilitate brainstorming workshops and/or design sessions
- Provide feedback and direction to more junior team members
- Stay abreast of the latest UX design and technology trends
Experience We Want to See:
- A portfolio demonstrating relevant work samples. These should include the problem, your process, and the outcome
- An advanced level of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, product designer or similar role
- Experience with a variety of UX research techniques
- Experience working with multiple agile teams in an agile environment
- Experience with process design and requirements elicitation
- You are an advocate for lean design practices and know how to adapt the design process as needed
- Experience working in a startup environment with balancing velocity, quality and business needs.
- Contributed to multiple shipped products or product cycles
- Expert knowledge of usability principles and techniques
- Expert knowledge of interaction design and mobile design patterns
- The ability to effectively translate user data into design solutions and quickly iterate on them
- The ability to be effective presenting and rationalizing design strategy and decisions to diverse audiences including executives, using these opportunities to educate and evangelize.
- The ability to work and teach across multiple cross-functional product teams
- The ability to create low fidelity prototypes
- A degree in Interaction Design, Psychology, HCI or demonstrated proficiency and have equivalent professional experience
We build search intelligence and analytics software that gives our marketing users the technical edge towards better marketing on the web. We are dedicated to the future of marketing analytics. We’re obsessed with it. We’ve been at it for 15 years and we’re in it for the long haul. We receive frequent recognition for our accomplishments as well as being one of the best companies to work for.
In October of 2018 Moz acquired STAT, an eight year old Vancouver-based software company. STAT is a complex, distributed system that gathers, analyzes, and delivers high-volume SEO analytics data for our enterprise clients, fresh every day. We’re thrilled to come together as one company! We are both passionate about our shared values and commitment to developing the best organic search solutions for our customers.
Sneak Peak at the Goodies:
- Competitive salary, 401K/RRSP w/ match, stock options
- Generous time off plus $3,000 per year towards your vacation!!
- Home internet and transportation subsidies
- 100% charitable donation match
- And so much more (feel free to grill us about the rest in the interview!)
Some reasons why you’d want to work with us:
- You want to play a big part in growing a young, profitable company
- You do your best in a setting where excellent work is what’s valued—not face time (a good work-life balance is just how we do things)
- You value authenticity and a work environment that values who you are and what you can do
- You’re looking for a big challenge that involves lots of variety, collaboration, inventiveness, and on your toes thinking
- You want to work alongside people who are passionate, friendly, and helpful