Moz is looking for an entry level/early career software engineer to join our payments engineering team. The Moz Payments Engineering team is responsible for all backend technology related to financial transactions derived from the Moz product lines. We are the ecommerce backend hub for Moz.com, Finance and all 3rd parties that connect to payments.
What’s Important to Us
- High technical quality. We know our stack and tools and how to use them effectively. We are improving code and practices constantly.
- A commitment to shipping. It’s important to deliver, and we value getting new products and features to customers regularly.
- Curiosity and motivation to learn. We’re always looking for opportunities for development and growth.
- Product and customer focus. Our team is invested in the experience of the products we build beyond the code.
- Collaboration. Team-focused communication, knowledge-sharing, and problem solving to make us more effective.
- Ready to learn.
What You’ll Do
- Build tools and services to support Moz payments systems and financial processes
- Contribute in the creation and design of a new Billing platform.
- Support deployment and delivery of payments applications
- Work closely with both technical and non-technical teams at Moz to solve problems for the team and the organization
- Build tests, logging, metrics collection, and alerts for all systems to ensure issues and errors are proactively identified and corrected
- Take turns in the on-call rotation handling systems and operations issues as they arise, including responding to off-hours Pagerduty alerts
We build search intelligence and analytics software that gives our marketing users the technical edge towards better marketing on the web. We are dedicated to the future of marketing analytics. We’re obsessed with it. We’ve been at it for 15 years and we’re in it for the long haul. We receive frequent recognition for our accomplishments as well as being one of the best companies to work for.
In October of 2018 Moz acquired STAT, an eight year old Vancouver-based software company. STAT is a complex, distributed system that gathers, analyzes, and delivers high-volume SEO analytics data for our enterprise clients, fresh every day. We’re thrilled to come together as one company! We are both passionate about our shared values and commitment to developing the best organic search solutions for our customers.
Sneak Peak at the Goodies:
- Competitive salary, 401K/RRSP w/ match, stock options
- Generous time off plus $3,000 per year towards your vacation!!
- Home internet and transportation subsidies
- 100% charitable donation match
- And so much more (feel free to grill us about the rest in the interview!)
Some reasons why you’d want to work with us:
- You want to play a big part in growing a young, profitable company
- You do your best in a setting where excellent work is what’s valued—not face time (a good work-life balance is just how we do things)
- You value authenticity and a work environment that values who you are and what you can do
- You’re looking for a big challenge that involves lots of variety, collaboration, inventiveness, and on your toes thinking
- You want to work alongside people who are passionate, friendly, and helpful
We value diversity, equity and inclusion.