Moz is looking for an early career software engineer to join our payments engineering team. The Moz Payments Engineering team is responsible for all backend technology related to financial transactions derived from the Moz product lines. We are the ecommerce backend hub for Moz.com, Finance and all 3rd parties that connect to payments.
What’s Important to Us
- Comfortable working with relational databases like MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Experience with Git or similar version control software
- Curiosity and motivation to improve -- we’re always looking for opportunities for development and growth
- Collaboration, team-focused communication, knowledge-sharing, and problem solving to make us more effective
What You’ll Do
- Build tools and services to support Moz’s payments systems and financial processes
- Support regular deployment and delivery of all services related to payments
- Work closely with both technical and non-technical teams at Moz to solve problems for the team and the organization
- Build tests, logging, metrics collection, and alerts for all systems to ensure issues and errors are proactively identified and corrected
- Take turns in the on-call rotation handling systems and operations issues as they arise, including responding to off-hours Pagerduty alerts
Moz is the most trusted authority in online search with powerful SEO and Local Search platforms to help marketers improve the position of their brands, business locations and competitive rank in search results. Moz’s platforms are powered by world class-quality data, both robust and fresh enough to serve as the foundation upon which crucial business decisions are made. For both large enterprises looking to gain an edge in the increasingly complex and ever-changing world of search or an agency seeking an SEO platform to accelerate client growth, Moz has a solution. Check it out at www.moz.com.
Some reasons why you’d want to work with us:
- You want to play a big part in a small but profitable company who are industry leaders.
- You do your best in a setting where excellent work is what’s valued—not face time (a good work-life balance is just how we do things!)
- You value authenticity and a work environment that values who you are and what you can do.
- You’re looking for a big challenge that involves lots of variety, collaboration, inventiveness, and on your toes thinking.
- You want to work alongside people who are passionate, friendly, and helpful.
Our benefits include:
- A strong commitment to work-life balance. We provide a $3,000 per calendar year vacation expense reimbursement for all employees as well as monthly home internet access and cell phone stipends.
- Employer match contributions on retirement plans.
- Generous paid time off and flexible work from home policies.
- Personal career development including 10 face to face career coaching sessions a year.
- Twice a year merit pay increases.
- 100% match on charitable contributions up to $5,000/year.
- Generous paid parental, medical and family leave policies to support you during major life events.
We value diversity, equity and inclusion.