Software savvy, tech-slinging, and goal driven? Ability to coach and play at the same time? You’re exactly the person we want to talk to!
As the Managing Director of Strategic Accounts at Moz, you’ll be in a position to make a huge impact on our growing business. You’ll be responsible for creating relationships and driving new revenue. Moz specializes in SEO and location data management, helping local search engines – and new customers – find our clients’ businesses. We are dedicated to helping our clients maximize their SEO and Local SEO investments to improve their bottom line.
We’re looking for an experienced B2B sales manager to lead our Moz Enterprise Sales Team, and drive engagement with Moz’s top prospects. In this role, you’ll play a vital part in the growth of Moz.
The ideal candidate has experience calling on Fortune 1,000 brands and their agencies, is experienced in B2B enterprise sales/business development, has a successful track record of developing teams and skills, and has consistently met or exceeded performance goals and metrics. If you’re ready to join a growing team, push yourself in a fast-paced environment, and have a blast while doing it, we’d love to talk with you!
What You Will Do:
- Manage sales team performance, including goal-setting, performance management, career development and training, while consistently achieving or exceeding revenue and customer satisfaction goals. Also manage sales team’s growth, including recruiting and retaining top tier inside sales talent, territories, quotas, and performance management
- Partner with VP of Sales to develop and execute sales strategies and business plans that ensures we attain our sales goals and profitability targets
- Lead sales team in prospecting, access and engaging, and assessing the needs of Fortune 1,000 brands and their agencies that have, or manage, 100 plus physical locations
- Manage the sales team’s pipeline, including implementing process improvements to shorten the sales cycle and increase the win rate
- Drive meaningful new business in support of overall team sales goals, owning key sales relationships and expanding Moz’s strategic partnerships
- Develop and execute specific account strategies, coordinating Moz resources such as Enterprise Account Managers, Subject Matter Experts, Engineers, Partners, Executives etc.
- Be a voice of our enterprise clients and provide feedback to Marketing and Product on how to improve messaging/positioning, lead gen, sales collateral and content, and features and capabilities
- On-board and train new DSAs in order to ramp quickly and drive business in a short amount of time
- Work cross-functionally with Enterprise Account Management, Marketing, Product, and other functions to drive innovation and represent voice-of-customer. Partner with customer success team to hand off new strategic customers for on-boarding in order to ensure consistent experience for customers to drive expansion.
- Support sales team with client stakeholders (Marketing, SEO, Digital, Ops etc) to move agreements through procurement, Legal, and Finance
Experience We Want To See:
- +5 years of successful sales management, preferably in the SaaS, digital media, or technology verticals
- 5+ years of martech or adtech SaaS, Search, or Digital Media Sales
- 5+ years selling directly to brands and or their agencies
- Successful track record of consistently achieving or exceeding sales goals
- Successful track record of building relationships across various stakeholders and managing complex sales cycle
- Desire, experience, and commitment to working in a team-selling environment
- Understanding of digital ecosystem, SEO, and Local SEO a big plus
- Demonstrated sales achievement (e.g. Presidents Club, consistently surpassing targets, etc.)
- Experience with Salesforce, OutReach and other sales or martech
- The ability to accurately forecast a sales pipeline
- Strong and engaging presentation skills
- The ability to work autonomously or with others
- Willingness to travel
We build search intelligence and analytics software that gives our marketing users the technical edge towards better marketing on the web. We are dedicated to the future of marketing analytics. We’re obsessed with it. We’ve been at it for 15 years and we’re in it for the long haul. We receive frequent recognition for our accomplishments as well as being one of the best companies to work for.
In October of 2018 Moz acquired STAT, an eight year old Vancouver-based software company. STAT is a complex, distributed system that gathers, analyzes, and delivers high-volume SEO analytics data for our enterprise clients, fresh every day. We’re thrilled to come together as one company! We are both passionate about our shared values and commitment to developing the best organic search solutions for our customers.
Sneak Peak at the Goodies:
- Competitive salary, 401K/RRSP w/ match, stock options
- Generous time off plus $3,000 per year towards your vacation!!
- Home internet and transportation subsidies
- 100% charitable donation match
- And so much more (feel free to grill us about the rest in the interview!)
Some reasons why you’d want to work with us:
- You want to play a big part in growing a young, profitable company
- You do your best in a setting where excellent work is what’s valued—not face time (a good work-life balance is just how we do things)
- You value authenticity and a work environment that values who you are and what you can do
- You’re looking for a big challenge that involves lots of variety, collaboration, inventiveness, and on your toes thinking
- You want to work alongside people who are passionate, friendly, and helpful
We value diversity, equity and inclusion.