Moz is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our STAT Platform team. The team is in charge of supporting, upgrading, and developing new features for the customer-facing applications under the STAT offering. Included in this product suite is a number of standard and specialty APIs, as well as both scheduled and ad-hoc reporting. The team comprises a mixed set of skills to tackle real-world problems rooted in data analysis and web development. We provide our clients—some of the leading experts in the SEO world—with the means to discover insights into their ranking data through slick dashboards, jam-packed reports, and some serious amounts of data.
This role is based in our Vancouver, BC office.
What’s Important to Us
- High technical quality. We know our stack and tools and how to use them effectively. We constantly improve code and practices, work to reduce technical debt, and optimize systems to perform at scale.
- A commitment to shipping. It’s important to deliver, and we value getting new products and features to customers regularly.
- Curiosity and motivation to learn. We’re always seeking opportunities for development and growth.
- Product and customer focus. Our team is invested in the experience of the products we build beyond the code.
- Collaboration. Team-focused communication, knowledge-sharing, and problem-solving make us more effective.
- Diversity & Inclusivity. Moz is committed to building diverse teams where people of all identities and backgrounds are welcome, included, and respected. We work to help close the gender gap in tech, and to actively recruit people from other underrepresented groups. We strongly encourage women, gender diverse people, and minority candidates to apply for this role.
What You’ll Do
- Design, code, and maintain the STAT web application and its ecosystem.
- Manage and improve the storage of STAT customer data as we build larger and more complex features. Challenges come in the form of data scale, computational efficiency, and modernizing legacy implementations.
- Take turns in the on-call rotation handling systems and operations issues as they arise.
- Provide code reviews, technical feedback, and system design leadership.
- Ensure the quality and performance of STAT applications through code review, documentation, metrics and logging analysis, etc.
Experience We Want to See
- 3+ years in web development with direct impact on customer product experience or performance.
- Experience maintaining production systems, responding to bugs and outages, managing uptime.
- Time in a role with responsibilities outside of code, e.g., monitoring, instrumentation, operations, SDET, managing servers/containers, deployment
What You’ll Work With
- Ruby & Rails
- Amazon Web Services (EC2, RDS, S3, ECS, and more)
We build software to help marketers do better marketing. We are dedicated to the future of SEO and we are a long-time leader in our space. We receive frequent recognition for our accomplishments including 2nd place honors in the PSBJ Best Places to Work list.
Behind our software is a sea of Mozzers with a wide array of personalities, experiences, and expertise. We’ve worked hard and deliberately to build a cultural roadmap. Learn more about us below before you apply:
- TAGFEE is the glue that holds us together and binds how we do everything at Moz. As Mozzers, we aspire to live and breathe these values.
- We make the web a better place: (http://moz.com/about) and this is how we do it: (http://moz.com/products).
- Not convinced? Check out our Instagram and YouTube Channel
Sneak Peek at the Goodies
- Generous time off plus $3,000 per year towards your vacation!!
- Competitive salary, RRSP-matching, stock options
- Medical package including dental, optometry, prescriptions, massage, and physio that kicks in after your first month
- Sizable wellness and transportation spending account
- Flexible hours, remote days
- Opportunities for travel, further education, and career growth
- And more – ask us about the rest!
Moz is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing a work environment that is free from any form of discrimination. Moz values diversity and fosters mutual respect among its employees.