Moz is seeking a Principal/Senior Cloud Infrastructure Developer to collaborate on the creation and deployment of shared services for our developers to deliver world class search analysis tools. Moz empowers customers to keep pace with the restless world of search marketing by constantly expanding and improving our suite of data collection, processing, and aggregation services, and surfacing insights through our suite of web based analytics and reporting applications.
Between Vancouver and Seattle, the infrastructure team is responsible for providing container services, configuration management tools, CI/CD pipelines and other services our developers rely on. We’re looking for someone who can not only help us maintain and scale our existing infrastructure but can also research, recommend, and implement new solutions. You will be part of a small team responsible for an AWS footprint which is much larger than many people would think is possible for a company of our size.
What’s Important to Us
- Leadership qualities – You like to take initiative and have experience navigating competing priorities and operational constraints. You also hold yourself to the same standard you hold others to. You find “not my problem” to be an unacceptable answer.
- Cloud Subject Matter Expertise (SME) – You have strong core experience and knowledge of DevOps strategies and process. You have experience in the challenges of maintaining large-scale infrastructure capable of serving enterprise clients.
- Technically Skilled – You have a strong understanding of Linux environments and AWS infrastructure. You also have a keen interest in staying on top of emerging technologies and how they can help an organization move forward.
- Collaborative – You know how to seamlessly shift from in-depth technical conversations with fellow developers to being able to explain infrastructure issues to non-technical team members.
- TAGFEE – Your personal values align with our core values of Transparent, Authentic, Generous, Fun, Empathetic, and Exceptional.
What You'll Do
- You will expand and optimize our systems and services
- Help tackle issues of auto-scaling, containerization, and serverless deployments
- Help migrate existing EC2 Classic instances to a VPC
- Provide outstanding support to the internal development teams including participating in the dev teams’ Scrum processes as needed
- Participate in and prepare architecture reviews. You should be comfortable articulating a strong point of view and providing meaningful feedback to others.
Experience We Want to See
- 5+ years of experience with a strong emphasis on AWS based cloud infrastructure
- Demonstrated experience running containers in production
- Solid experience with configuration management systems such as Chef, Ansible, or Puppet
- A track record of analyzing, optimizing, and automating systems
- A passion for collaborating with developers to understand their unique needs and delivering the tools and services that bring joy to their work
We build search intelligence and analytics software that gives our marketing users the technical edge towards better marketing on the web. We are dedicated to the future of marketing analytics. We’re obsessed with it. We’ve been at it for over 10 years and we’re in it for the long haul. We receive frequent recognition for our accomplishments and most recently received 2nd place honors in the PSBJ Best Places to Work.
Behind our software is a sea of Mozzers with a wide array of personalities, experiences, and expertise. We’ve worked hard and deliberately to build a cultural roadmap. Learn more about us below before you apply:
- TAGFEE is the glue that holds us together and binds how we do everything at Moz. As Mozzers, we aspire to live and breathe these values.
- We make the web a better place: (http://moz.com/about) and this is how we do it: (http://moz.com/products).
Sneak Peak at the Goodies
- Competitive salary, 401K, stock options
- Generous time off plus $3,000 per year towards your vacation!!
- Home internet and transportation subsidies
- 100% charitable donation match
- And so much more (feel free to grill us about the rest in the interview!)
Moz is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing a work environment that is free from any form of discrimination. Moz values diversity and fosters mutual respect among its employees.
Moz participates in E-Verify