About the Role
Moz is a leader in the SEO space and offers a suite of products and tools that help customers understand and optimize their website presence in search engines, improve the online presence of their local business, and pull our powerful datasets into their own applications through our APIs. As the company matures, we will continue to strike a balance between investment in core product capabilities, data, and UX, while investing in innovative new data and feature sets that open up new market segments and revenue streams.
As a Principal Product Manager you will own a selection of tools and initiatives, and also be a contributor to product strategy across the entire portfolio. Moz believes that each release or initiative should have its own dedicated feature team with Product, Engineering and UX leads. You will lead one or more of these teams.
What You’ll Do:
- You will become an expert on our customer and our market, and be able to identify, prioritize and execute on both tactical and strategic projects
- You will work with other teams such as executives, product marketing, customer success and make sure their objectives are met, opinions are considered, and plans communicated
- You will learn from more senior members of the team, and coach and mentor more junior members
- You will Collect and analyze feedback from customers, stakeholders and other teams to shape requirements, features and end products
- You will dig deep into customer and usage data to identify opportunities and evaluate the success of our efforts.
- You will work closely with industry experts to understand industry direction and trends and identify opportunities for R&D that can set us apart from the competition.
- You will work with senior management to help define product strategy and forward-looking roadmaps.
Experience We Want to See:
- This is a senior-level position. You have been building software products for a while and have 4+ years experience shipping products as a PM in an agile / scrum / kanban environment
- You have experience in Martech, B2B SaaS and understand the mechanics and economics of a SaaS business
- You have worked with engineering teams as a product owner and have demonstrable experience leading cross functional teams to define, execute and iterate on large multi-team, multi-quarter projects
- You are a strong communicator and can lead teams through difficult decisions
- You have an eye for design and UX, and understand how to make design trade-off decisions
- You have worked with product marketing and have defined positioning, pricing and value proposition
- You have strong data skills, be it quantitative analytics or qualitative user research
- You integrate A/B testing as a standard part of your feature rollout plans
- You can pick up project management work when required (we are still small, it will happen reasonably often)
- You can break down strategy into tactics and tactics into metrics
- You don’t need to have a technical background, but you do need to understand enough of the technology to weigh in on trade-off decisions with the engineering team
- You have worked on marketing analytics software, dashboarding software, or have a background in digital marketing and SEO
We build search intelligence and analytics software that gives our marketing users the technical edge towards better marketing on the web. We are dedicated to the future of marketing analytics. We’re obsessed with it. We’ve been at it for over 10 years and we’re in it for the long haul. We receive frequent recognition for our accomplishments and most recently received 2nd place honors in the PSBJ Best Places to Work.
Behind our software is a sea of Mozzers with a wide array of personalities, experiences, and expertise. We’ve worked hard and deliberately to build a cultural roadmap. Learn more about us below before you apply:
- TAGFEE is the glue that holds us together and binds how we do everything at Moz. As Mozzers, we aspire to live and breathe these values.
- We make the web a better place: (http://moz.com/about) and this is how we do it: (http://moz.com/products).
Sneak Peak at the Goodies
- Competitive salary, 401K, stock options
- Generous time off plus $3,000 per year towards your vacation!!
- Home internet and transportation subsidies
- 100% charitable donation match
- And so much more (feel free to grill us about the rest in the interview!)
Why Moz? Because we love what we do.
Moz is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing a work environment that is free from any form of discrimination. Moz values diversity and fosters mutual respect among its employees.
Moz participates in E-Verify