Moz is seeking a Senior Cloud Infrastructure Developer to collaborate on the creation and deployment of shared services for our developers to deliver world class search analysis tools. Moz empowers customers to keep pace with the restless world of search marketing by constantly expanding and improving our suite of data collection, processing, and aggregation services, and surfacing insights through our suite of web based analytics and reporting applications.
Between Vancouver and Seattle, the infrastructure team is responsible for providing container services, configuration management tools, CI/CD pipelines and other services our developers rely on. We’re looking for someone who can not only help us maintain and scale our existing infrastructure but can also research, recommend, and implement new solutions. You will be part of a small team responsible for an AWS footprint which is much larger than many people would think is possible for a company of our size.
What’s Important to Us
- Leadership qualities – You like to take initiative and have experience navigating competing priorities and operational constraints. You also hold yourself to the same standard you hold others to. You find “not my problem” to be an unacceptable answer.
- Cloud Subject Matter Expertise (SME) – You have strong core experience and knowledge of DevOps strategies and process. You have experience in the challenges of maintaining large-scale infrastructure capable of serving enterprise clients.
- Technically Skilled – You have a strong understanding of Linux environments and AWS infrastructure. You also have a keen interest in staying on top of emerging technologies and how they can help an organization move forward.
- Collaborative – You know how to seamlessly shift from in-depth technical conversations with fellow developers to being able to explain infrastructure issues to non-technical team members.
- TAGFEE – Your personal values align with our core values of Transparent, Authentic, Generous, Fun, Empathetic, and Exceptional.
What You'll Do
- You will expand and optimize our systems and services
- Help tackle issues of auto-scaling, containerization, and serverless deployments
- Help migrate existing EC2 Classic instances to a VPC
- Provide outstanding support to the internal development teams including participating in the dev teams’ Scrum processes as needed
- Participate in and prepare architecture reviews. You should be comfortable articulating a strong point of view and providing meaningful feedback to others.
Experience We Want to See
- 5+ years of experience with a strong emphasis on AWS based cloud infrastructure
- Demonstrated experience running containers in production
- Solid experience with configuration management systems such as Chef, Ansible, or Puppet
- A track record of analyzing, optimizing, and automating systems
- A passion for collaborating with developers to understand their unique needs and delivering the tools and services that bring joy to their work
We build search intelligence and analytics software that gives our marketing users the technical edge towards better marketing on the web. We are dedicated to the future of marketing analytics. We’re obsessed with it. We’ve been at it for 15 years and we’re in it for the long haul. We receive frequent recognition for our accomplishments as well as being one of the best companies to work for.
In October of 2018 Moz acquired STAT, an eight year old Vancouver-based software company. STAT is a complex, distributed system that gathers, analyzes, and delivers high-volume SEO analytics data for our enterprise clients, fresh every day. We’re thrilled to come together as one company! We are both passionate about our shared values and commitment to developing the best organic search solutions for our customers.
Sneak Peak at the Goodies:
- Competitive salary, RRSP contributions, stock options
- Generous time off plus $3,000 per year towards your vacation!!
- A sizable wellness and health spending account
- Medical package including dental, optometry, prescriptions, massage, and physio
- A relaxed and welcoming work environment
- Opportunities for travel, further education, and career growth
- Flexible hours
- And more - ask us about the rest
Some reasons why you’d want to work with us:
- You want to play a big part in growing a young, profitable company
- You do your best in a setting where excellent work is what’s valued—not face time (a good work-life balance is just how we do things)
- You value authenticity and a work environment that values who you are and what you can do
- You’re looking for a big challenge that involves lots of variety, collaboration, inventiveness, and on your toes thinking
- You want to work alongside people who are passionate, friendly, and helpful
We value diversity, equity and inclusion.