Are you itching to join a team of people who will help you gain experience in all areas of accounting? Are you bright, hands-on, and driven to learn? You’re exactly the person we want to talk to. Moz is seeking an accountant with a background in accounts payable to join our finance team in our Vancouver office.
In order to be successful in this role, you will need to be a leader and take pride of your own craft – if something is not perfect, fix it! You need to be an excellent communicator, exhibit superior attention to detail, and change your middle name to Accuracy. OK, the last part was a joke, no name change is required, but you do need to pride yourself on accuracy.
You'll be operating and improving our accounts payable process, enabling our business to keep running.
- You'll monitor our payables and ensure our vendors receive timely payments.
- You’ll code expenses to the correct accounts to paint an accurate picture of the company’s financial health for management’s decision making
- Helping and training non-finance people around Moz to succeed with our payables process will be one of your goals.
- You'll be responsible for the continuous improvement of our payables, striving to create the most effective and easy to use payables possible!
- You'll be knowledgeable about our vendors and purchases and use this knowledge to analyze activity and accrue invoiced liabilities at month-end.
- You'll have comfort in basic accounting principles, enabling you to prepare journal entries and reconciliations.
- You are agile in using different software and tools to provide month end and year end reports as we will be going through an implementation of ERP system.
- You are excited to learn new skill and looking forward to pick up accounting and administrative tasks as needed
- 1-3 years of accounts payable experience, ideally in a Software As A Service company
- Comfortable in diverse technologies is key
- Excellent communicator, organizer, and time manager
- Independent team player – “that’s not my job” attitude won’t get you very far in this fast-growing team.
- Advanced excel users strongly preferred (Pivot tables & Macro)
- Knowledge of SQL is an asset
We build search intelligence and analytics software that gives our marketing users the technical edge towards better marketing on the web. We are dedicated to the future of marketing analytics. We’re obsessed with it. We’ve been at it for 15 years and we’re in it for the long haul. We receive frequent recognition for our accomplishments as well as being one of the best companies to work for.
In October of 2018 Moz acquired STAT, a 5 year old Vancouver-based software company. STAT is a complex, distributed system that gathers, analyzes, and delivers high-volume SEO analytics data for our enterprise clients, fresh every day. We’re thrilled to come together as one company! We are both passionate about our shared values and commitment to developing the best organic search solutions for our customers.
Sneak Peak at the Goodies:
- Competitive salary, RRSP contributions, stock options
- Generous time off plus $3,000 per year towards your vacation!!
- A sizable wellness and Health spending account
- Medical package including dental, optometry, prescriptions, massage, and physio
- A relaxed and welcoming work environment
- Opportunities for travel, further education, and career growth
- Flexible hours
- And more - ask us about the rest
Some reasons why you’d want to work with us:
- You want to play a big part in growing a young, profitable company
- You do your best in a setting where excellent work is what’s valued—not face time (a good work-life balance is just how we do things)
- You value authenticity and a work environment that values who you are and what you can do
- You’re looking for a big challenge that involves lots of variety, collaboration, inventiveness, and on your toes thinking
- You want to work alongside people who are passionate, friendly, and helpful
We value diversity, equity and inclusion.