Greetings from Starship Moz! Our Customer Enablement Team is looking for a positive, outgoing, internet-loving people person to join our team! Can you crack puzzles faster than Dan Brown’s Robert Langdon? Are you the kid all the neighbors come to when their computers aren’t working? Do you have a passion for providing top notch customer support? Could you explain the Theory of Relativity to 5th graders? Whether you’re a tabletop junkie or you run your own knitting circle online, you just might be the right geek for the job!
Diversity & Inclusivity. Moz is committed to building diverse teams where people of all identities and backgrounds are welcome, included, and respected. We work to help close the gender gap in tech, and to actively recruit people from other underrepresented groups. We strongly encourage women, gender diverse people, and minority candidates to apply for this role.
About the Position
The Moz Customer Enablement Team has a lot going on, all the time! Your primary role involves using email, chat, social channels, and phones to answer everything from billing questions, product offerings, and troubleshooting intense technical issues. You’re a quick learner, who is a master at multitasking, loves solving complex problems and always looking for ways to improve the support experience for our customers.
- You will never be bored. By working through our customers’ bugs and collaborating with our various teams across Moz, you’ll help us provide fast resolution times and build a high quality, delightful product.
- You’ll handle anywhere from 20-50 customer conversations per day.
- You will help drive strategy to make our customer support team more efficient and scalable as our customer base continues to grow.
- You are creative and passionate about analyzing trends and optimizing business processes.
- You don’t need to be micromanaged; you find your own projects, set your own deadlines, and do exceptional work without close oversight. Rather than waiting for someone else to take action, you do what it takes to get customers’ issues resolved. You learn things as you go, document and share what you’ve learned, and are open to constantly changing as our tools and business operations change.
- Lastly, you’re the type of person that doesn’t get easily discouraged. The glass is always half full, and despite tough times and hard problems, you never let customer pain get you down. If you can have hard conversations with customers, spend an hour researching and replicating a nasty bug, and still have a smile on your face at the end of the day, we’re made for each other!
What You'll Do
- Provide kick ass support to our customers and prospective customers via email, social channels, forums, phone, etc.
- Advocate for our customers by thoroughly documenting their issues and sending reports to our engineering and product teams.
- Identify and propose ways we can make our company better, our customers happier, and our jobs easier.
- Create joy and happiness for everyone involved with Moz, including team members, vendors, and customers.
- Use your HTML, CSS, programming, copywriting, or other creative & unique skills to initiate projects that improve the customer experience.
What We Want to See
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior analytical skills and problem-solving ability.
- Experience writing bug reports or other technical documents.
- Infectious positive attitude with other team members and customers.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve conflicts quickly and creatively.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Independent thinker with the ability to recognize where processes can be improved and who to collaborate with to improve them.
- Passionate about technology and the Internet.
- Experience in technical support and/or customer support roles is a major plus.
- Intermediate knowledge of inbound marketing, search engine optimization and HTML is also a major plus!
- Experience with customer support software like Intercom, Zuora, Authorize.net, JIRA, Confluence, Google Sheets, Chameleon, Wistia, Docusign, and/or similar applications is a third plus!
- Experience with Google Analytics, any CMS, and other web/production/analysis tools is cool too.
We build search intelligence and analytics software that gives our marketing users the technical edge towards better marketing on the web. We are dedicated to the future of marketing analytics. We’re obsessed with it. We’ve been at it for over 10 years and we’re in it for the long haul. We receive frequent recognition for our accomplishments and most recently received 2nd place honors in the PSBJ Best Places to Work.
Behind our software is a sea of Mozzers with a wide array of personalities, experiences, and expertise. We’ve worked hard and deliberately to build a cultural roadmap. Learn more about us below before you apply:
- TAGFEE is the glue that holds us together and binds how we do everything at Moz. As Mozzers, we aspire to live and breathe these values.
- We make the web a better place: (http://moz.com/about) and this is how we do it: (http://moz.com/products).
Sneak Peak at the Goodies
- Competitive salary, 401K, stock options
- Generous time off plus $3,000 per year towards your vacation!!
- Home internet and transportation subsidies
- 100% charitable donation match
- And so much more (feel free to grill us about the rest in the interview!)
Why Moz? Because we love what we do.
Moz is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing a work environment that is free from any form of discrimination. Moz values diversity and fosters mutual respect among its employees.
Moz participates in E-Verify