Moz is seeking a professional with interest in driving performance through analytical insight. This role will work directly with stakeholders to help create an analytics platform to enable them to access the information they need to make decisions, as well as focus on creating deep insights to drive impact, and contributing to building ETL processes.
Diversity & Inclusivity. Moz is committed to building diverse teams where people of all identities and backgrounds are welcome, included, and respected. We work to help close the gender gap in tech, and to actively recruit people from other underrepresented groups. We strongly encourage women, gender diverse people, and minority candidates to apply for this role.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with other BI Analysts and Engineers to build and optimize Dashboards and other self-service tools, most commonly using AWS Redshift and Tableau
- Offer strategic guidance to peers and business teams on how to best leverage our data
- Not only answers the business question, but advises on what the question should be
- Contribute to Version Control and QA processes to ensure accuracy and quality of data
- Create insightful deliverables that summarize analysis to influence decision-making most commonly using Tableau or Google Docs
What We Want to See
- You are a SQL expert, able to write advanced and efficient queries while working with large datasets.
- At least one of following is required: MySQL, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Oracle, or Redshift
- You have proven analytical and quantitative ability and a passion for enabling customers to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, develop business cases, and complete root cause analyses.
- You’re a clear communicator, used to distilling complex technical topics down to actionable insights to advise stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- You are a data manipulator; you have extracted, transformed and loaded data across multiple systems.
- You have a BS/BA degree, or equivalent experience, in Information Systems or related technical field (Statistics, Math, Finance, Accounting, Economics, etc) or equivalent experience.
Nice to Have
- Experience reporting on a SaaS business
- Experience in Predictive Analytics
- Experience using Python for ETL and/or data science or desire to learn
We build analytics software that gives our users the technical edge towards better marketing on the web. We are dedicated to the future of marketing analytics. We’re obsessed with it. We’ve been at it for over 10 years and we’re in it for the long haul. We’re a leader in our space receiving frequent recognition for our accomplishments (Over the years the list includes:Inc 5000, Deloitte Fast 500 and the Puget Sound Business Journal's fastest growing private companies).
Behind our software is a sea of Mozzers with a wide array of personalities, experiences, and expertise. We’ve worked hard and deliberately to build a cultural roadmap. It’s not just about ping pong games and company parties (though we have those, too!). Learn more about us below before you apply:
- TAGFEE is the glue that holds us together and binds how we do everything at Moz. As Mozzers, we aspire to live and breathe these values.
- We make the web a better place: (http://moz.com/about) and this is how we do it: (http://moz.com/products).
- Not convinced we are awesome yet? Check out our video “Why we love Moz” and our amazing benefits package.
Sneak Peak at the Goodies
- Competitive salary, 401K, stock options
- Generous time off plus $3,000 per year towards your vacation!!
- Home internet and transportation subsidies
- 150% charitable donation match
- And so much more (feel free to grill us about the rest in the interview!)
Why Moz? Because we love what we do.
Moz is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing a work environment that is free from any form of discrimination. Moz values diversity and fosters mutual respect among its employees.
Moz participates in E-Verify