Moz is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our payments engineering team. The Moz Payments Engineering team is responsible for all backend technology related to financial transactions derived from the Moz product lines. We are the eCommerce backend hub for Moz.com, Finance and all 3rd parties that connect to payments.
Diversity & Inclusivity. Moz is committed to building diverse teams where people of all identities and backgrounds are welcome, included, and respected. We work to help close the gender gap in tech, and to actively recruit people from other underrepresented groups. We strongly encourage women, gender diverse people, and minority candidates to apply for this role.
What’s Important to Us
- High technical quality. We know our stack and tools and how to use them effectively. We are improving code and practices constantly.
- A commitment to shipping. It’s important to deliver, and we value getting new products and features to customers regularly.
- Curiosity and motivation to learn. We’re always looking for opportunities for development and growth.
- Product and customer focus. Our team is invested in the experience of the products we build beyond the code.
- Collaboration. Team-focused communication, knowledge-sharing, and problems solving make us more effective.
What You’ll Do
- Build tools and services to support Moz payments systems and financial processes
- Contribute in the creation and design of a new Billing platform.
- Support deployment and delivery of payments applications
- Work closely with both technical and non-technical teams at Moz to solve problems for the team and the organization
- Build tests, logging, metrics collection, and alerts for all systems to ensure issues and errors are proactively identify and corrected
- Take turns in the on-call rotation handling systems and operations issues as they arise, including responding to off-hours Pagerduty alerts
- Ensure the quality and performance of Moz applications through code review, documentation, metrics and logging analysis, etc.
Experience We Want to See
- At least 3+ years web/api service development with direct impact on customer experience or performance.
- Experience distilling complex data into meaningful and scalable APIs
- Time in a role with responsibilities outside of code, e.g. monitoring, instrumentation, operations, managing servers/containers, deployment, rigorous testing.
- Proficiency in a modern web stack, especially Node.js
What You’ll Work With
- MySQL / PostgreSQL
- Docker / Marathon / Mesos
We build analytics software that gives our users the technical edge towards better marketing on the web. We are dedicated to the future of marketing analytics. We’re obsessed with it. We’ve been at it for over 10 years and we’re in it for the long haul. We’re a leader in our space receiving frequent recognition for our accomplishments (Over the years the list includes:Inc 5000, Deloitte Fast 500 and the Puget Sound Business Journal's fastest growing private companies).
Behind our software is a sea of Mozzers with a wide array of personalities, experiences, and expertise. We’ve worked hard and deliberately to build a cultural roadmap. It’s not just about ping pong games and company parties (though we have those, too!). Learn more about us below before you apply:
- TAGFEE is the glue that holds us together and binds how we do everything at Moz. As Mozzers, we aspire to live and breathe these values.
- We make the web a better place: (http://moz.com/about) and this is how we do it: (http://moz.com/products).
Sneak Peak at the Goodies
- Competitive salary, 401K, stock options
- Generous time off plus $3,000 per year towards your vacation!!
- Home internet and transportation subsidies
- 150% charitable donation match
- And so much more (feel free to grill us about the rest in the interview!)
Why Moz? Because we love what we do.
Moz is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing a work environment that is free from any form of discrimination. Moz values diversity and fosters mutual respect among its employees.
Moz participates in E-Verify