Moz is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our web and inbound engineering team. The team is responsible for Moz.com (our main web property) and supporting services including: user authentication, signup process (including PCI compliance), customer tracking/engagement, mailing service, and a number of other services used by Moz products.
What’s Important to Us
- High technical quality. We know our stack and tools and how to use them effectively. We are improving code and practices constantly.
- A commitment to shipping. It’s important to deliver, and we value getting new products and features to customers regularly.
- Curiosity and motivation to learn. We’re always looking for opportunities for development and growth.
- Product and and customer focus. Our team is invested in the experience of the products we build beyond the code.
- Collaboration. Team-focused communication, knowledge-sharing, and problems solving make us more effective.
- Diversity & Inclusivity. Moz is committed to building diverse teams where people of all identities and backgrounds are welcome, included, and respected. We work to help close the gender gap in tech, and to actively recruit people from other underrepresented groups. We strongly encourage women, gender diverse people, and minority candidates to apply for this role.
What You’ll Do
- Build tools and services to support Moz products and marketing efforts
- Support deployment and delivery of front-end of Moz.com applications
- Manage and distribute Moz customer data with other teams and third party partners
- Work closely with both technical and non-technical teams at Moz to solve problems for the team and the organization
- Build tests, logging, metrics collection, and alerts for all systems to ensure issues and errors are proactively identify and corrected
- Take turns in the on-call rotation handling systems and operations issues as they arise, including responding to off-hours Pagerduty alerts
- Ensure the quality and performance of Moz applications through code review, documentation, metrics and logging analysis, etc.
Experience We Want to See
- At least 2 years web service development with direct impact on customer product experience or performance.
- Experience distilling complex data into meaningful and scalable APIs
- Time in a role with responsibilities outside of code, e.g. monitoring, instrumentation, operations, managing servers/containers, deployment, etc.
- Proficiency in a modern web stack, especially Node.js
What You’ll Work With
- MySQL / PostgreSQL
- Docker / Marathon / Mesos
- Porting PHP / Python / Lua to Node.js
We build software to help marketers do better marketing. We are dedicated to the future of SEO and we are a long-time leader in our space. We receive frequent recognition for our accomplishments and most recently received 2nd place honors in the PSBJ Best Places to Work.
Behind our software is a sea of Mozzers with a wide array of personalities, experiences, and expertise. We’ve worked hard and deliberately to build a cultural roadmap. Learn more about us below before you apply:
- TAGFEE is the glue that holds us together and binds how we do everything at Moz. As Mozzers, we aspire to live and breathe these values.
- We make the web a better place: (https://moz.com/about) and this is how we do it: (https://moz.com/products).
- Not convinced we are awesome yet? Check out our Instagram and YouTube Channel
Sneak Peak at the Goodies
- Competitive salary, 401K, stock options
- Generous time off plus $3,000 per year towards your vacation!!
- Home internet and transportation subsidies
- 150% charitable donation match
- And so much more (feel free to grill us about the rest in the interview!)
Why Moz? Because we love what we do.
Moz is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing a work environment that is free from any form of discrimination. Moz values diversity and fosters mutual respect among its employees.
Moz participates in E-Verify