On Moz's Content team, our mission is to educate and empower search marketers to excel in their work while simultaneously helping them understand and unlock the potential in Moz's tools. We aspire to be the only destination search marketers of all skill levels need in order to learn about and excel in an ever-changing world of SEO. We also collaborate with teams throughout the company to ensure their messaging is not only unmistakably Mozzy, but effectively reaches their target audiences.
We're looking for a Wordsmith — a skilled writer with a solid foundation in SEO (including local SEO) who can translate good ideas into language that holds readers' attention. We need someone who knows the rules well enough to know when to break them, and who would usually rather spend time in the details than in the clouds. This role is responsible for creating messaging of all kinds, from educational content that helps our readers build their skills in SEO to site copy and emails that really resonate with our audiences.
If this is you, you'll get to know our entire marketing team well, helping them create compelling messaging for their marketing campaigns and lead gen/nurture streams across all media. You'll be a star contributor to Moz's Learning Center and the Moz Blog, helping our audience level-up their SEO skills as well as their eagerness and ability to take full advantage of our software.
- Create content for Moz's Learning Center and posts for the Moz Blog that help our team achieve its strategic goals for content at Moz.
- Create messaging for various media (emails, landing pages, blog posts, etc.) as requested by marketers throughout the company.
- Develop close working relationships with Moz's product marketers, staying up-to-date on new and upcoming features, ensuring that effective messaging is created for launches
- Curate and create stories for an SEO-industry news feed. This is an exciting new venture for Moz, and to make it work, you'll need to keep your finger on the pulse of the industry to know about news-worthy changes.
- Develop a deep understanding of TAGFEE (Moz's core values), our brand voice and tone, and our audiences and customers, modeling that knowledge in all your communications. We believe strongly in not just writing well but also sending the right messages to the right people.
- Serve as a second editor for Moz Blog posts and other content as needed.
Good candidates for this position will have (among other things)
- Truly excellent command of written English. Clean copy is a requisite.
- 2-5 years of experience writing for a marketing or communications team.
- At least an intermediate-level knowledge of modern SEO, including local SEO. You'll need enough to feel comfortable teaching others at a beginner-intermediate level and wrapping your head around new product features and changes in the industry so you can share those with our audiences.
- An intense love of learning. Our industry changes regularly and the strategic direction of the company is also regularly evolving, and we need someone who can thrive with those changes, seeing them as an opportunity rather than a hindrance.
Employment type: 6 month Contract
We build software to help marketers do better marketing. We are dedicated to the future of SEO and we are a long-time leader in our space. We receive frequent recognition for our accomplishments and most recently received 2nd place honors in the PSBJ Best Places to Work.
Behind our software is a sea of Mozzers with a wide array of personalities, experiences, and expertise. We’ve worked hard and deliberately to build a cultural roadmap. Learn more about us below before you apply:
- TAGFEE is the glue that holds us together and binds how we do everything at Moz. As Mozzers, we aspire to live and breathe these values.
- We make the web a better place: (http://moz.com/about) and this is how we do it: (http://moz.com/products).
- Not convinced we are awesome yet? Check out our Instagram and YouTube Channel
Why Moz? Because we love what we do.
Moz is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing a work environment that is free from any form of discrimination. Moz values diversity and fosters mutual respect among its employees.
Moz participates in E-Verify