Moz is seeking an Engineering Manager for the Moz Pro data platform team, responsible for a broad range of tools under our Moz Pro subscription, including applications for research and prospecting, and for tracking and analyzing websites’ key SEO performance metrics over time. We empower customers to keep pace with the lively and restless world of SEO by constantly expanding and improving Moz’s suite of data collection, processing, and aggregation services, and by building a beautiful suite of analytics and reporting applications on the web.
The team is part of the larger product engineering group at Moz which owns the development of Moz’s core SaaS products, and the growth of our product offerings into “One Moz.” Product engineering collaborates across roles and disciplines to deliver tools for digital marketers in all industries and aspects of Search.
What’s Important to Us
- Servant-Leadership. Our teams thrive through coaching and enabling rather than getting directions. We strive to be supportive, patient, and people-focused.
- Technical savvy. Being technically knowledgeable is good, but having an informed point-of-view for how to make good decisions about and deliver quality technical work is key for sustaining quality products.
- A commitment to shipping. It’s important to deliver, and we value getting new products and features to customers regularly.
- Curiosity and motivation to learn. We’re always looking for opportunities for development and growth.
- Product and and customer focus. Our team is invested in the experience of the products we build beyond the code.
- Collaboration. Team-focused communication, knowledge-sharing, and problems solving make us more effective.
- Diversity & Inclusivity. Moz is committed to building diverse teams where people of all identities and backgrounds are welcome, included, and respected. We work to help close the gender gap in tech, and to actively recruit people from other underrepresented groups. We strongly encourage women, gender diverse people, and minority candidates to apply for this role.
What You’ll Do
- Lead a distributed team of back-end data developers and help them grow their performance, technical skill, and professional capabilities.
- Coach the team in delivering performant applications that procure, process, and analyze data from disparate sources on the web, and which expose that data through reliable APIs that serve our UI team, customers, and other business units.
- Represent the value of technical investments and retiring debt to the product development process.
- Contribute to product strategy and promote ways of working that create a reliable flow of new products and features to customers.
- Be part of building a culture of collaborative product- and customer-focused development across engineering teams.
- Help build technology and practices that will support growth and sustain operation of Moz products over the next several years.
Experience We Want to See
- 2+ years of experience leading engineers as manager, lead, or equivalent.
- 5+ years experience delivering products or services using web technologies.
- At least 2 years experience on a team whose work directly affected customer or end-user product experience
- Understanding and support for pragmatic, agile software development practices
- Experience building SaaS products, especially mature products that have sustained growth over time.
- Significant experience as a software engineer or SDET.
- Experience with object-oriented or functional programming languages (as a hands-on developer or leading teams).
- Experience using metrics and data to drive software engineering and product-development.
Who You’ll Work With
- A creative, committed, collaborative, and diverse development team who work with lots of interesting technologies, including Elixir, Ruby, Node.js, S3, MySQL, Docker, and NSQ.
- A cross-functional product group balancing new feature development with sustaining and expanding the current high-growth product.
- Other engineering leaders who are working to continually improve and evolve the culture and practice of software development at the company, bringing new ways of working and diverse perspectives to our organization.
We build software to help marketers do better marketing. We are dedicated to the future of SEO and we are a long-time leader in our space. We receive frequent recognition for our accomplishments and most recently received 2nd place honors in the PSBJ Best Places to Work.
Behind our software is a sea of Mozzers with a wide array of personalities, experiences, and expertise. We’ve worked hard and deliberately to build a cultural roadmap. Learn more about us below before you apply:
- TAGFEE is the glue that holds us together and binds how we do everything at Moz. As Mozzers, we aspire to live and breathe these values.
- We make the web a better place: (http://moz.com/about) and this is how we do it: (http://moz.com/products).
- Not convinced we are awesome yet? Check out our Instagram and YouTube Channel
Sneak Peak at the Goodies
- Competitive salary, 401K, stock options
- Generous time off plus $3,000 per year towards your vacation!!
- Home internet and transportation subsidies
- 150% charitable donation match
- And so much more (feel free to grill us about the rest in the interview!)
Why Moz? Because we love what we do.
Moz is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing a work environment that is free from any form of discrimination. Moz values diversity and fosters mutual respect among its employees.
Moz participates in E-Verify