Moz is growing its Pro Services team under the Data Acquisition Services org. This team is focused on all aspects of managing data. We build systems to acquire, extract, transform, score, and serve terabytes of SEO data from a large variety of sources.
If you like the challenge of streamlining data collection processes, managing and improving Big Data related infrastructure, and wrangling hundreds of millions of data points, consider joining us as we build our next-generation data procurement platform to produce the foundational data that fuels Moz’s product, services, and research.
Diversity & Inclusivity. Moz is committed to building diverse teams where people of all identities and backgrounds are welcome, included, and respected. We work to help close the gender gap in tech, and to actively recruit people from other underrepresented groups. We strongly encourage women, gender diverse people, and minority candidates to apply for this role.
About the position
- Build, maintain, and support large-scale collections systems.
- Optimize and expand our HBase infrastructure that serves our keywords relationship metrics plus suggestion and SERPs corpus.
- Be part of a Scrum team that designs, swarms, and pairs together
- Implement and improve deployment, monitoring, testing, operational and foundational tools.
- Mentor junior developers
- Be an excellent problem solver and be willing to roll up sleeves to tackle any issue thrown your way
Experience We Want to See
- 5+ years experience architecting and developing large-scale distributed systems
- Familiarity with Ruby, Python and/or Node.js
- Experience on HBase cluster using Hadoop’s HDFS and MapReduce infrastructure
- Familiarity with source control - Github preferred
- Experience with Linux and cloud-based environments
- Ability to communicate with management, software architects, and developers about project status, APIs and overall system health.
- Work in an agile process – be able to break down work into bite-size chunks and communicate this to the team
- Working knowledge of modern web technologies including cloud based APIs and protocols (REST, JSON)
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science or equivalent training and experience
Nice to Have
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) experience with EC2 and S3
- Data Science background or experience
- Advanced HTTP protocol knowledge and/or networking experience
- Participation in a technical community is a major plus: e.g., contributions to open-source projects, published works, presentations in academic conferences or industry circles
Here is what you will be working with!
- Node.js ES6
- HDFS/HBase clusters, Riak, Redis, MySQL
- Thousands of servers
We build analytics software that gives our users the technical edge towards better marketing on the web. We are dedicated to the future of marketing analytics. We’re obsessed with it. We’ve been at it for over 10 years and we’re in it for the long haul. We’re a leader in our space receiving frequent recognition for our accomplishments (Over the years the list includes:Inc 5000, Deloitte Fast 500 and the Puget Sound Business Journal's fastest growing private companies).
Behind our software is a sea of Mozzers with a wide array of personalities, experiences, and expertise. We’ve worked hard and deliberately to build a cultural roadmap. It’s not just about ping pong games and company parties (though we have those, too!). Learn more about us below before you apply:
- TAGFEE is the glue that holds us together and binds how we do everything at Moz. As Mozzers, we aspire to live and breathe these values.
- We make the web a better place: (http://moz.com/about) and this is how we do it: (http://moz.com/products).
Sneak Peak at the Goodies
- Competitive salary, 401K, stock options
- Generous time off plus $3,000 per year towards your vacation!!
- Home internet and transportation subsidies
- 150% charitable donation match
- And so much more (feel free to grill us about the rest in the interview!)
Why Moz? Because we love what we do.
Moz is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing a work environment that is free from any form of discrimination. Moz values diversity and fosters mutual respect among its employees.
Moz participates in E-Verify