Moz is looking for a strategic and customer-focused individual who can help enhance Moz’s customer experience strategy and execution by focusing on the overall experience within Moz’s software and marketing experience. An enhanced and consistent user experience is a critical component to our strategy being successful in the future. Joining Moz means leading the charge on re-imagining the visual appeal, interactions and overall engagement of our suite of products. Are you up to the challenge?
The UX Manager has significant responsibility at Moz. Moz’s UX leader will be responsible for leading the charge and defining standards of design that will enable an evolution of our brand and pattern library. Additionally, this person will drive the consistency of our product and our marketing messages through the visual layer, partnering closely with product, marketing and customer experience. As a systems thinker, the UX Manager will help move the organization closer to a product suite that enables greater accessibility through amazing experiences and interactions.
- Be a passionate, accessible, and empathetic leader who inspires the UX team to growth, action and results
- Define what a good and delightful experience is for Moz
- Articulate the reasoning behind design decisions that push Moz forward in its goals
- Be a champion for our customers and users, while understanding the impact to business goals
- Build and sustain a culture that solves problems with great intent and long-term scalability
- Apply analysis practices to data to understand challenges in typical SaaS metrics (churn, vesting, sign ups) in order to produce solutions that generate greater delight for customers
- Establish and measure near term and long term goals for the UX team that empowers individuals by establishing the connection between their contributions and Moz’s strategy and business goals
- Understand the technology stack behind Moz’s marketing and product infrastructure by working with the product owners and collaborate on roadmaps
- Manage and maintain Moz’s pattern library, research best practices and design principles.
- Partner and work closely across all of Moz to develop ongoing relationships with teams, leaders and employees
- High motivation, high empathy, high drive and the ability to self-manage
- 5+ years experience working in UX, with an emphasis on leadership, with preferred experience in the production of marketing software
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in a design, research or arts-related field
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skill, both written and oral.
- A proven ability to understand and leverage analytics and work with data to understand the health and performance of the business
- The ability to identify, hire, and retain excellent talent to push our UX team to the next level
- Experience with and strong knowledge of best practices within UX specific to research, pattern library usage, brand guidelines and product design
- An ability to seamlessly adapt to changing business needs. Our industry changes regularly, and the strategic direction of the company is also evolving. We need someone who can thrive with those changes, seeing them as an opportunity rather than a hindrance
- Diplomacy and excellent skill in both leadership and conflict resolution
We build software to help marketers do better marketing. We are dedicated to the future of SEO and we are a long-time leader in our space. We receive frequent recognition for our accomplishments and most recently received 2nd place honors in the PSBJ Best Places to Work.
Behind our software is a sea of Mozzers with a wide array of personalities, experiences, and expertise. We’ve worked hard and deliberately to build a cultural roadmap. Learn more about us below before you apply:
- TAGFEE is the glue that holds us together and binds how we do everything at Moz. As Mozzers, we aspire to live and breathe these values.
- We make the web a better place: (http://moz.com/about) and this is how we do it: (http://moz.com/products).
- Not convinced we are awesome yet? Check out our Instagram and YouTube Channel
Sneak Peak at the Goodies
- Competitive salary, 401K, stock options
- Generous time off plus $3,000 per year towards your vacation!!
- Home internet and transportation subsidies
- 150% charitable donation match
- And so much more (feel free to grill us about the rest in the interview!)
Why Moz? Because we love what we do.
Moz is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing a work environment that is free from any form of discrimination. Moz values diversity and fosters mutual respect among its employees.
Moz participates in E-Verify