The VP, Account Director is a mature and polished leader who develops a portfolio of accounts, or several lines of a large client’s business. The VP is first the point of escalation for clients. This role includes successful management of a large team, including career development, resourcing and hiring. VP holds accountability for the health of the client businesses to the agency both financially and relationship-wise. A VP must adeptly navigate internal and external politics. Strong financial understanding, and experience pricing, pitching and winning business is a must. This role includes leading net-new business opportunities for the agency. This person typically has more than 10 years of professional experience.
For this particular opportunity, we are seeking a business and marketing leader comfortable in corporate offices and with C-level conversations. She or he will be a key advocate for the agency’s capabilities and areas of service, and as such must build relationships with agency leadership and understand fully Moxie’s offerings, case studies and differentiators. Experience must include exposure to data-led programs and digital transformation initiatives. This person will navigate the halls of one of our largest clients, building relationships, and identifying areas where the agency can assist it in reaching its goals. Outgoing, personable, professional and dynamic describe the perfect candidate. The candidate must also thrive in ambiguity, successfully manage teams and problem-solve with limited oversight.
- Typically responsible for client portfolio in the range of $6-12 million in revenue
- Ensure the health of the business (client satisfaction and profitability to Moxie)
- Uncover opportunities and grow business through thought leadership, and client/category expertise
- Focus on ongoing client mapping process to deepen client trust and broaden the agency’s purview/stature within the client organization
- Serve as an expert on the client’s business and industry (including direct and indirect competitors)
- Present key category and out-of-category best in class examples of innovation, programs and trends to inspire the internal team and clients
- Showcase Moxie’s work internally and externally (at all levels and on more than just creative work)
- Serve as ombudsman (i.e., intermediary between agency and client, representing the broad scope of interests)
- Investigate and assuage client concerns related to agency and work to resolve them with the appropriate cross-functional leads
- Identify and communicate organizational or business roadblocks on client side running counter to agency interests
- Lead integration with partner agencies, including agency “sisters,” finding ways to m aximize value for the client
- Lead client presentations for new initiatives with cross-functional experts
- Ensure agency personnel are updated regularly on client’s business
- Provide quarterly “state of the business” to Executive Management Team with a review on how the team is functioning, delivering, excelling, having challenges, to continually better the overall relationship and team.
- Provide Quarterly review to Executive Management Team
- Provide final approval on key initiatives, presentations and work output
- Forecast revenue with SVP and Finance team
- Collaborate with project management team on major fee negotiations and upcoming work
- Manage, mentor & develop account staff, through performance management and consistent feedback
- Staff planning, allocation and utilization management
- Lead the ongoing updates of a client dossier and ensure it is being maintained (contacts, nuances, business challenges, competitive, engines of profitability, CRM tool, etc)
- Identify key programs that should be showcased and ensure team is merchandising recent work
- Promote an open working environment where opinions, views and ideas can be shared
- Active involvement in Moxie, Zenith, Publicis, and externally throughout the industry
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing preferred
- This person typically has more than 10 years of professional experience
- 5+ years of experience with team management and staff development
- 5+ years’ experience in an agency environment with a mix of digital and traditional
- Cross-functional experience (media, creative, technology, mobile, social, finance)
- Experience managing multiple clients or lines of business with revenue between $5mm - $15mm
- Must be passionate about advertising, social and the digital space
- Embody a competitive spirit for both Moxie, our clients, and doing innovative work
- Confident and authoritative, while also genuine and authentic
- Ability to form genuine relationships internally and externally
- Diplomatic in providing strong POV and making difficult decisions
- Able to work with broad spectrum of people - senior to junior level, multiple mindsets
- Experienced in crisis and issue management across multiple client levels
- Skilled in presenting to senior level clients and large room of people
- Ability to inspire people to do great work
- Ability to sell a point of view or ideas through storytelling
- May require overnight travel up to 15% to 25%
Reporting and Succession
- Reports to SVP, Group Client Leader
- Manages a team of 1 direct report; 4-6 indirect
CLIENT LEADERSHIP VISION
Client Leadership exists to grow, lead and serve equally the business interests of the client and Moxie. This means that, internally, we are the advocates for our clients and what is best for their businesses. Externally, we drive and protect the Moxie business by negotiating rates and SOWs, pitching and defending work, and seeking and selling new opportunities for Moxie.
Client leaders at Moxie are champions of the brands and categories they represent, and are passionate about the work. Successful team members embody a competitive spirit and drive teams to achieve business goals (and by extension, receive recognition). We orchestrate and inspire the broader team to find creative, alternative ways to innovate against the client’s objectives.
We lead by example. We demonstrate confidence and authority yet are accessible, genuine and authentic. Our team must be able to form tight relationships, which means that open communication, good intuition, inherently wise judgment and appropriate tact are essential. Moxie is very much a cross-functional, team-driven environment. To excel here, you must enjoy working with others and be eager for feedback, without personal offence.
Client leaders are skilled in working with a broad spectrum of people — junior- to senior-level, multiple mindsets, varying agendas, etc. — and are diplomatic in providing strong POVs. We are often the ones who must make difficult decisions and have the “tough conversations.” We must navigate client internal politics and manage issues with grace. And we do all this with a positive attitude and a drive for collective success.
Moxie is a modern marketing solutions agency that expertly leverages the value of data, content and technology to help our clients grow. We push the boundaries of what's possible to outperform the competition in the areas of strategy, creative, social marketing, media, analytics and technology development. Founded in 2000, Moxie has 300+ talented employees in Atlanta, Los Angeles, New York and Pittsburgh. Owned by global media giant Zenith — part of the Publicis Groupe — Moxie is able to quickly leverage cross-company areas of enterprise, talent, experience, resources and tools. Moxie's client roster includes Verizon Wireless, The Coca-Cola Company, 20th Century Fox, Delta Air Lines, Ainsworth Pet Nutrition and Walmart.