A Moxie Account Director is a proven business and marketing leader who owns a large client relationship, or several smaller engagements. Externally, the role is the key point of contact and leader of client relationships, and includes intimate understanding of the client’s business, competition, organization, people, and politics. Internally, the responsibility to grow the account organically lies with the Director, who identifies opportunities and sells new programs and services. A Director leads, manages and mentors junior team members. This person typically has more than 8 years of professional experience.
For this particular opportunity, we are seeking a mature and polished leader with experience working in marketing for, or as agency lead for, a large corporation’s social media-focused work. The ideal candidate will have a love of the space, and an understanding of social strategy, analytics and the use of data and media. She or he will have had extensive experience managing teams producing creative, and specifically video, content. This client partner can have tough conversations, and also build powerful long-term relationships. We’re looking for someone hungry to make their account the BEST in the agency in all aspects - best team with best morale, best client rating scores, best strategy, best content... a go-getter willing to put in the work for the awesome reward of the accolades and satisfaction of exceeding expectations.
- Ensure the health of the pieces of business to which he/she is assigned (client satisfaction and profitability to Moxie via margin)
- Uncover opportunities and grow business through thought leadership, client/category expertise and consistent delivery of good work
- Manage formal client mapping process to broaden the agency’s purview/stature within the client organization
- Create presentations to communicate client and/or competitive intelligence - both internally and externally
- Provide strategic POV about work from inception to implementation to determine if it delivers on the objectives and strategy set forth initially
- Serve as ombudsman between agency and client, representing the broad scope of interests on the segments to which he/she is assigned
- Spearhead integration/collaboration efforts with the wide range of partner agencies (including traditional, PR and activation agencies) to ensure that Moxie is working as a collaborative, proactive agency partner
- Manage development of client presentations for new initiatives with cross-functional experts and present in conjunction with VP Account Director and other team leads
- Ensure agency personnel are updated regularly on client’s business
- Support the VP Account Director on the development of presentation materials for quarterly state of the business summits with full cross-functional team and present key findings related to his / her dedicated segments
- Provide approvals on key initiatives, presentations and work output
- Collaborate with project management (PM) team on statement of work, scope, proposal and estimate development for upcoming work
- Liaise with PM team to ensure seamless hand-off of new initiatives at execution phase
- Lead the development of Input Briefs for major initiatives
- Develop cross-functional team through performance management and consistent feedback
- Promote an open working environment where opinions, views and ideas can be shared
- Lead case studies and merchandising efforts
- Active involvement in Moxie, Publicis Media and externally throughout the industry
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- This person typically has more than 8 years of professional experience
- 4+ years of experience in management and team development
- Diplomatic in providing strong POV and making difficult decisions
- Able to work with broad spectrum of people - senior to junior level, multiple mindsets
- Experienced in crisis and issue management across multiple client levels
- Skilled in presenting to senior level clients and large rooms of people
- Can command the attention of a room
- Ability to inspire great work
- Ability to sell a point of view or ideas through storytelling
- Ability to manage multiple client levels and navigate different client agendas
- Mix of agency-side and client-side experience preferred
- Cross-functional experience (media, creative, technology, mobile, social, finance)
- Embody a competitive spirit for both Moxie, our clients, and doing innovative work
- May require overnight travel 25 to 40%
Reporting and Management
- Reports to VP, Account Director
- Manages a team of 2-4 direct reports
CLIENT LEADERSHIP VISION
Client Leadership exists to grow, lead and serve equally the business interests of the client and Moxie. This means that, internally, we are the advocates for our clients and what is best for their businesses. Externally, we drive and protect the Moxie business by negotiating rates and SOWs, pitching and defending work, and seeking and selling new opportunities for Moxie.
Client leaders at Moxie are champions of the brands and categories they represent, and are passionate about the work. Successful team members embody a competitive spirit and drive teams to achieve business goals (and by extension, receive recognition). We orchestrate and inspire the broader team to find creative, alternative ways to innovate against the client’s objectives.
We lead by example. We demonstrate confidence and authority yet are accessible, genuine and authentic. Our team must be able to form tight relationships, which means that open communication, good intuition, inherently wise judgment and appropriate tact are essential. Moxie is very much a cross-functional, team-driven environment. To excel here, you must enjoy working with others and be eager for feedback, without personal offence.
Client leaders are skilled in working with a broad spectrum of people — junior- to senior-level, multiple mindsets, varying agendas, etc. — and are diplomatic in providing strong POVs. We are often the ones who must make difficult decisions and have the “tough conversations.” We must navigate client internal politics and manage issues with grace. And we do all this with a positive attitude and a drive for collective success.
Moxie is a modern marketing solutions agency that expertly leverages the value of data, content and technology to help our clients grow. We push the boundaries of what's possible to outperform the competition in the areas of strategy, creative, social marketing, media, analytics and technology development. Founded in 2000, Moxie has 300+ talented employees in Atlanta, Los Angeles, New York and Pittsburgh. Owned by global media giant Zenith - part of the Publicis Groupe - Moxie is able to quickly leverage cross-company areas of enterprise, talent, experience, resources and tools. Moxie's client roster includes Verizon Wireless, The Coca-Cola Company, 20th Century Fox, Delta Air Lines, Ainsworth Pet Nutrition and Walmart.