The role of the Buying Supervisor is to flawlessly build, analyze and support paid social campaigns for a portfolio of clients while providing oversight to the Media Manager and Associate Media Managers. The Buying Supervisor will have a deep understanding of social media, both paid and organic.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Help set overall objectives for assigned team and the larger social practice as a whole.
- Build, maintain and grow internal and external relationships to develop a client’s business
- Oversee, author and/or constructively edit and review the writing of media documents (timelines, POVs, client memos, and correspondence from within and outside the agency).
- Prepare plan presentations and oversee preparation of media plan presentation elements
- Supervise, direct and review the development and implementation of specified media plans in conjunction with the larger Social team: Creative, Strategy & Analytics.
- Lead weekly media meetings with clients and providing insight into weekly online media results
- Lead client presentations
- Understand and adopt new trends and provide detailed explanation to clients in the application of new trends.
- Managing the scheduling, posting, tracking advertising and compiling performance reports.
- Maintaining knowledge of current online media trends and training junior team members in their onboarding process.
- Staying apprised of new and emerging technology, creative and programming applications for potential use for clients.
- Develop a successful team of media planners through coaching and mentoring; conduct annual performance appraisals and provide regular feedback
- Participate in Moxie Management Training Programs; using learned leadership skills to develop self and team
Nature and Scope
Typically reports to Associate Media Director or Media Director
This position will have direct reports
May require overnight travel up to 10%
Years of Relevant Experience
3-5 years of Digital media planning experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Competencies
- Experience with campaign management/ad serving technology (i.e. Double Click, IAS, Google Analytics and social platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest & LinkedIn)
- Required PC proficiency and solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Experience analyzing data and market research
- Familiarity with basic accounting/math principles; basic statistical analysis experience is a plus
- Strong leadership and managerial skills, guiding the junior staff
- Must be a self-starter, with strong attention to detail
- Works well under pressure while communicating to multiple touch points
- Strong time-management and organizational skills
- Proven ability to develop and maintain strong professional relationships with clients, colleagues, and vendors
- Experience managing multiple, competing priorities, duties and/or projects
Moxie is a modern marketing solutions agency that expertly leverages the value of data, content and technology to help our clients grow. We push the boundaries of what's possible to outperform the competition in the areas of strategy, creative, social marketing, media, analytics and technology development. Founded in 2000, Moxie has 300+ talented employees in Atlanta, Los Angeles, New York and Pittsburgh. Owned by global media giant Zenith — part of the Publicis Groupe — Moxie is able to quickly leverage cross-company areas of enterprise, talent, experience, resources and tools. Moxie's client roster includes Verizon Wireless, Verizon FiOS, Delta, Porsche, QVC, American Cancer Society, Ocean Spray, Wells Fargo, The Coca-Cola Company, The North Face, Nike, Ainsworth Pet Nutrition, Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse, and Cisco Systems.