Come and join the exciting world of New Business Development at the hottest agency in Atlanta. Moxie is on the move again and this time growth is our main focus. Already the largest agency in Atlanta, Moxie is looking to expand its footprint even further by growing their client base in 2018.
The New Business Director at Moxie leads the ever-important initiative of prospecting new business leads (both inbound and outbound) and ultimately bringing in opportunities that can be pitched, and won, resulting in a new client for the agency. The New Biz Director at Moxie works alongside the CMO and builds market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing new business relationships. This position is highly regarded and crucial for the growth of the agency as a whole.
This role reports directly to the CMO and is high exposure within the agency as well as the industry as a whole.
- Handles all inbound leads and coordinates the responses to RFI’s and RFP’s
- Communicates directly with potential client contacts and 3rd party consultancy leads and contacts
- Develops and organizes all new business development initiatives and endeavors
- Works closely with the internal New Biz team to orchestrate all aspects of new business endeavor and pitches
- Responsible for managing junior level employees and educating them to the ins & outs of Marketing and New Business
- Manages all internal collateral regarding the pitch and organizes case studies and documentation for future pitches and opportunities in regards to RFI & RFPs
- Identifies prospects for new business. Formulates strategic approach on how to pursue, engage and ultimately close the lead
- Is heavily involved in the pitch process, (organic & new), and operates as the pitch lead contributing to the strategic approach and final deliverables.
- Responsible for delivering pipeline reports to the finance department for forecasting and agency planning
- Works closely with industry partners and vendors to identify new business opportunities and cross sell possibilities with our network and Groupe
- Natural curiosity for learning and developing. Constantly seeking new and improved ways of learning and progressing their career
- Oversee department budget and manages new business spend as it pertains to pitches (travel, pitch theater, freelance budget, etc.)
- Attends local, regional, and national networking events and conferences to explore new leads and business opportunities.
- Explores opportunities of speaking publicly, on behalf of Moxie, either as a keynote or on a panel
- This individual will be encouraged to share thought leadership within the industry in order to help raise the agency profile
Skills & Qualifications
- Closing Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Ability to lead and motivate others
- Motivation for Sales
- Prospecting Skills
- Sales Planning
- Selling to Customer Needs
- Territory Management
- Market Knowledge
- Presentation Skills
- Naturally charismatic
- People person
- Natural born leader
- Meeting Sales Goals
- Requires a bachelor's degree of Marketing, Journalism, Public Relations or its equivalent.
- Typically requires 7+ years of related experience.
- At least 3 years of experience successfully leading a sales initiative or project
- Must demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- 2+ years of experience in management/supervision
- Possible direct reports (Not guaranteed)