We are seeking a Print Production Specialist with experience in print design, packaging and prepress production to assist in our print production department.
File preparation, organizing daily tasks, working collaboratively with the Account services and Creative teams to ensure that clients’ needs are met in a timely manner, and other duties specific to agency projects. A successful candidate will have a good understanding of branding and marketing campaigns, especially in the consumer packaging goods industry.
- Two plus years professional experience with print production.
- Two plus years professional experience as a graphic designer or equivalent.
- Strong working knowledge of the core Adobe Creative Cloud Suite applications (Acrobat, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign).
- Strong communication and organizational skills, with an emphasis on efficiency and the ability to meet multiple deadlines with quality work.
- Adaptability and flexibility in a fast-paced working environment.
- Resourcefulness, creative problem solving and attention-to-detail are essential.
- Skills should include good utilization of design, typography and layout esthetics, along with retouching and production techniques.
- Good facility with large format and basic office printers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to determine technique and media best suited to produce the desired effect and meet reproduction requirements.
- Ability to create various components of artwork and/or layouts, resulting in finished projects that are consistent with industry or company branding standards.
- Produce the various proofs required for the approval of the design and/or production of the requested artwork and/or layouts.
- Comfortable with pre-flighting, prepping files, trapping, composing, imposition, layouts, ripping to press, and general troubleshooting.
- Preparation of client presentation boards and mockups, using various manual cutting tools and mounting devices.
- Effective communication with management in order to produce the desired product within proposed budget.
- Maintaining an orderly and efficient project and file management system consistent with department specifications and policy.
- Responsible for accurately reporting project work activity, timelines and associated costs for departmental billing and analytic purposes.
- Performing related work and additional duties, as needed or required.
Bachelor of Arts degree in Graphic Design or equivalent experience