The Director of Technology Operations is responsible for the planning, implementation, and daily operations
of Moxie’s agency and client infrastructure as well as partnering with Engineering on technology and operations design for the company’s product offerings. This role works closely with all areas of the business to develop the strategic agenda, ensuring alignment across all operating groups. The Director of Technical Operations has daily responsibility for network, compute, storage, database and information security across multiple datacenters with three (3) or more direct reports over key functional areas.
As the leader with expertise in running these functions, this role will make a transformational impact on the business by executing strategic plans and continuous process improvement, as well as to ensure that appropriate standards of implementation and operation are established and enforced to maintain a high confidence, low risk technology operating environment.
Reporting to the VP, Experience Engineering, this role requires strategic leadership, exceptional technical skills, strong management discipline and robust communication skills to work with the staff, senior management and stakeholders across departments.
Duties and Responsibilities of the job:
- Directly lead infrastructure design, operations, network, and support functions
- Ensure high reliability for client-‐facing systems and services, 24 hours/day, 365 days/year
- Build best in class technology operations center functions for the overall monitoring, alerting, management, and escalation of all technology infrastructure services
- Support a modern technology stack Engineering team that delivers new product with continuous rapid agile release cycles (including Development, Dev Ops, Database, EDW, Containers and Cloud teams)
- Analyze and troubleshoot operational issues and lead rapid, effective response
- Provide timely, clear and unambiguous written and verbal status on operational issues
- Assess technology solutions for scalable, high-‐performance, and highly available environments with focus on the needs and experience of customers, partners, and end users
- Manage and guide the selection of key IT & Technology suppliers
- Manage capital expenditure needs to support business
- Deploy strategies to improve capabilities and ensure optimal success for our clients
- Continuously improve how the team supports and integrates with application engineering teams, customer support, and key stakeholders
- Lead/organize multiple complex technical projects simultaneously without compromising the quality of work or the final product
- Establishing proper governance and maintenance for ensuring proper availability, performance, and security of data
- Prepare business cases for projects to improve the quality and efficiency of our services
- Implement talent development and training of current and future engineers
- Collaborate with Executive Management to ensure goals are met, and within budget
- Create a platform and tools to facilitate automation and speed to solution delivery of application services and support
- Technical experience as a DBA, system administrator, or architect
- Data center operations experience with and strong knowledge of Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, and other cloud platforms
- Expertise in data center compliance including experience with security audits
- Strong technical knowledge of the networking requirements of integrations to major systems and cloud-‐services such as eCommerce, CRM, CMS, HCM, payment processors, and EDI.
- Experience in scaling servers vertically and horizontally
- Experience managing JIRA and agile workflows
- Has led major system upgrades from a change management perspective
- Technical skills in Mac, Windows, and Linux
- Experience in Active Directory, Group Policy, File Sharing, DHCP and DNS