The SVP, Account Director will play the lead role in establishing and strategically driving critical client relationships. They hold accountability for the health of those relationships and associated businesses. Candidate must have a comprehensive understanding of the client’s organization from its engines of profitability to its competitive framework. The SVP, Account Director will also work to identify new business opportunities that regularly arise within the client’s portfolio of brands.
- Constantly look for opportunities to further improve the health of the line of business to which he/she is assigned (client satisfaction and profitability to Moxie)
- Uncover opportunities and grow business through strategic leadership, client/category expertise and consistent delivery of good work
- Serve as a trusted advisor, alternately driving strategic and tactical thinking for technical, business, and operational initiatives across client organization
- Drive thought leadership within both the client organization and Moxie, and present examples of innovation, programs and trends to inspire the internal team and clients.
- Provide strong POV as the work goes into the engine at major milestones and when it becomes the final product to determine if it delivers on the objectives and strategy set forth initially
- This includes providing unadulterated feedback and input to the client on how it is being pushed through their organization
- Serve as ombudsman (i.e., intermediary between agency and client, representing the broad scope of interests)
- Investigate and assuage client concerns related to agency and work to resolve them with the appropriate cross-functional leads
- Identify and communicate organizational or business roadblocks on client side running counter to agency interests
- Involve the marketing team to understand the work the team is developing and to determine its potential for external and internal use, including case study worthiness
- Manage development of client presentations for new initiatives with cross-functional experts and present in conjunction with account and other team leads
- Ensure agency personnel are updated regularly on client’s business
- Provide approvals and feedback on key initiatives, presentations and work output
- Drive Account Leadership on statement of work development and upcoming work
- Develop and lead a truly integrated, cross-functional team through performance management and regular, consistent feedback
- Promote an open working environment where opinions, views and ideas can be shared.
- Bachelor’s degree required, relevant Master’s degree preferred
- 10-12 years of relevant experience – can include solutions consulting, brand management, technical account sales, account management
- 3+ years’ experience in an agency environment with a mix of digital and traditional
- Executive client-facing management and communications
- May require regular overnight travel (up to 50%)
- Bachelor’s degree required, relevant Master’s degree preferred.
- Branding as well as direct response experience
- Understanding of, and experience with, enterprise e-commerce and CRM solutions
- Cross-functional experience (media, creative, technology, mobile, social, finance)
- Cross-channel/omni-channel sales and marketing experience
Reporting and Succession
- Typically reports to EVP, Client Leadership
CLIENT LEADERSHIP VISION
Client Leadership exists to grow, lead and serve equally the business interests of the client and Moxie. This means that, internally, we are the advocates for our clients and what is best for their businesses. Externally, we drive and protect the Moxie business by negotiating rates and SOWs, pitching and defending work, and seeking and selling new opportunities for Moxie.
Client leaders at Moxie are champions of the brands and categories they represent, and are passionate about the work. Successful team members embody a competitive spirit and drive teams to achieve business goals (and by extension, receive recognition). We orchestrate and inspire the broader team to find creative, alternative ways to innovate against the client’s objectives.
We lead by example. We demonstrate confidence and authority yet are accessible, genuine and authentic. Our team must be able to form tight relationships, which means that open communication, good intuition, inherently wise judgment and appropriate tact are essential. Moxie is very much a cross-functional, team-driven environment. To excel here, you must enjoy working with others and be eager for feedback, without personal offence.
Client leaders are skilled in working with a broad spectrum of people — junior- to senior-level, multiple mindsets, varying agendas, etc. — and are diplomatic in providing strong POVs. We are often the ones who must make difficult decisions and have the “tough conversations.” We must navigate client internal politics and manage issues with grace. And we do all this with a positive attitude and a drive for collective success.
Moxie is a modern marketing solutions agency that expertly leverages the value of data, content and technology to help our clients grow. We push the boundaries of what's possible to outperform the competition in the areas of strategy, creative, social marketing, media, analytics and technology development. Founded in 2000, Moxie has 300+ talented employees in Atlanta, Los Angeles, New York and Pittsburgh. Owned by global media giant Zenith — part of the Publicis Groupe — Moxie is able to quickly leverage cross-company areas of enterprise, talent, experience, resources and tools. Moxie's client roster includes Verizon Wireless, Verizon FiOS, Delta, Porsche, American Cancer Society, Ocean Spray, Wells Fargo, The Coca-Cola Company, 20th Century Fox, Chick-fil-A, Nike, Ainsworth Pet Nutrition and Cisco Systems.