Movoto is an online service enabling home buyers to view properties online and connect with the best real estate agents in the business. As we extend our business, we are looking for a contract to hire IT Operations Engineer to build and manage scalable infrastructure working with our Lead Network Operations Engineer.
The ideal candidate will have experience and qualifications to support internal IT infrastructure and passion for learning Cloud Infrastructure, AWS, Linux and Databases.
- Provide Desktop (Windows and Mac) support to our employees and contractors at our headquarters and remote locations.
- Support hardware and software, including Windows and Mac laptop computers, printers, meeting room displays, office VOIP phones, WiFi network, zoom meetings, etc.
- Employee on boarding and off boarding support
- Maintain user accounts across cloud platforms including Office 365, Google Apps, Attlassian, AWS etc.
- Lead troubleshooting efforts with production/non-production systems.
- Participate as part of a 24x7 on call rotation.
- 2-5 years of related experience supporting internal IT infrastructure.
- Strong background in Windows, Mac OS X, and standard desktop applications.
- Experience working with Active Directory, DHCP, DNS and other backend services.
- Solid understanding of networking, VPN connectivity, Wifi connectivity.
- Knowledge of working with Office 365 online administration, Google Apps.
- Aptitude for analyzing and troubleshooting operating system, networking, configuration and performance problems.
- Fundamental understanding of Internet networking protocols: TCP/IP, TLS, DNS, HTTP, SMTP.
- Proficient in communicating clearly with both technical and non-technical staff.
- Ability to triage and prioritize simultaneously occurring issues to ensure efficient resolutions.
- Able to install, configure and maintain Linux hosts and popular open source applications such as Nginx, Apache HTTPd, Apache Tomcat, Postfix, and MySQL server.
- Understanding of AWS infrastructure.
- Ability to program in any shell language.
- Experience with monitoring and automation tools such as SaltStack, Zabbix, etc.