At realtor.com data is very important to us and we have lots of it! Our goal is to use this data to make the home buying experience a breeze for our consumers and customers.
Our Data Engineering team lives and breathes data and has fun doing it. We are not afraid to break and rebuild code to make it better... stronger... faster, to overcome the Big Data challenges of today and tomorrow. We are in the final stages of building out a brand new platform on the AWS cloud using cutting edge technologies. We work on the coolest data projects and products that reports, predicts and affects the outcome - all this using data.
This impactful role will promote the build-out and usage of the data platform, data-driven decisions and data products for realtor.com, it's customers, partners, and consumers. Additionally, this role will be part of the core team contributing to design and development of realtor.com's new data and analytics platform.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop reusable components and frameworks for ingestion, cleansing, and data quality
- Develop Rest APIs/ or web-service consuming clients for data push/pull for both upstream and downstream applications
- Responsible for DevOps tasks including troubleshooting and assist in root cause analysis
- Collaborate with data team, product owners, Scrum-master to refine and estimate stories/epics
- Be integral part of scrum team to deliver on commitments on time and with good quality
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Computer Science/Engineering Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 1+ years of experience or Masters degree in relevant field
- Solid foundation of software engineering skills
- Strong programming (Python, Scala, Java etc) skills.
- Some knowledge of Spark and PySpark
- Understanding of cloud technologies
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Takes pride in efficient designs and accurate results
- Loves to learn and experiment with new technologies and shares findings with the team
- Effective team player. Honest and respectful of others
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Familiar with agile development and sprints
- Familiar with data analytics and data visualization