If working in an exciting startup-like environment while enjoying the stability, benefits, and resources of a billion dollar company sounds appealing to you, read on!
With strong growth in last few years, Realtor.com is set to be the leading real estate destination in the United States - and that’s only the beginning. We build products that help aspiring homebuyers find their dream home, and connect with real estate professionals who can guide them through the biggest financial decisions of their lives.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior AWS Architect to join our platform team. You will play an important role in helping leverage AWS capabilities and make right technology choices to build services and experiences that will help our customers and grow our business substantially.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help define our AWS strategy.
- Design and Architect scalable solutions using the right AWS services by working with domain teams, while optimizing usage of AWS for cost.
- Help or Lead development teams in migrating existing systems to AWS as well as build new systems on AWS.
- Share knowledge about AWS offerings, technologies, and best practices with rest of the team.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver solutions that are of high quality, scalable, reliable and extensible.
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science
- 10+ years of experience as software developer and 3+ years of experience as software architect; building complex, robust, and highly scalable production services and applications.
- Experience with scalable backend architecture and modern API design concepts.
- Strong command over database systems, relational and NoSQL.
- Deep understanding of AWS services, with ability to identify right services to use and make recommendations on what services fit best for the business needs.
- Experience and ability to work with partner teams to understand demand for cloud services and forecast and manage cost.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and ability to communicate directly and effectively with stakeholders.
Your personal characteristics include:
- You are passionate about creating world-class products for our customers and will work hard to achieve this.
- You have a passion for learning, measuring progress, continuous improvement, sharing and working in a team environment.
- You have your own point of view, are not afraid to speak up when you disagree.
- Achievement - We strive to do our best and take pride in delivering great products, experiences and technologies, and achieving our goals
- Courage - We take smart risks to try new ideas and innovate
- Empowerment - We hire and develop top quality people and invest in their continued growth
- Integrity - We work together sharing successes and failures and we conduct ourselves with authenticity, transparency, and self respect