The developer will be part of the Data Aggregation team which supplies internal customers with high quality real-estate data platform helping to transform real-estate search experience. This is accomplished by capturing and transforming data from numerous sources into a single high quality flexible dataset. The feature-rich data is leveraged in a variety of applications and websites, including the most popular real-estate search website, Realtor.com®
- Be responsible for developing processes to move large amounts of data in batch jobs and in real time applications, manipulate data according to business rules and requirements, transform data between different structures such as XML and relational data sources
- Be responsible for end-to-end delivery of new data sources, implementation, testing, deployment, reliability, defect investigation and resolution. Work closely with other developers and QA
- Modify existing software to correct errors, resolve defects and implement system enhancements
- Develop queries on various sources of data using DMQL query language and C# language
- Work with MOVE flexible and powerful data collection system developed especially for aggregating real estate data.
- Monitor, maintain data aggregation processes, analyze process problems and implement solutions,
- Oversee the data flows against data quality standards. Identify data quality issues and resolve through appropriate process design, as well as error detection and correction tests and procedures
- Gain deep understanding of key datasets and underlying business use-cases. Be the “go to” person for knowing what information is being collected and recommending to stakeholder your input on how to best leverage this data.
- Participate in project planning, provide development estimates, identify and mitigate technical, schedule, and other project risks. Participate in collaborative team problem solving sessions.
- Proactively collaborate with teammates and communicate with project stakeholders to ensure project efforts proceed efficiently and with predictability
- Provide production support and troubleshooting assistance on software related issues
Education, Skills and Experience
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Computer Science or other technology areas
- Preferred 1-3 years of solid work experience in software companies in programming or QA
- 2+ years of experience with a programming language (may be as part of an approved training program)
- Solid understanding of database design, relational databases, SQL and database query tools
- Experience with extracting data from various source systems and data stores by performing light business coding (SQL, VBA, Unix, etc.) and system parameter setting, performing queries, developing/automating data models using a variety of software applications
- Experience with manipulating large and rapidly evolving data, into end user friendly formats.
- Methodical and systematic; outstanding analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Strong learner. The ability to grasp and come up to speed quickly on various systems and technical processes and to continue learning. Comprehensive training will be provided
- Process improver – the ability to thoroughly understand the existing development and team process and bring in improvements.
- Ability to work with minimal or no supervision and maintain focus on the quality of deliverables; ability to multitask and prioritize multiple concurrent assignments
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills – the ability to clearly formulate and communicate technical concepts, problems and solutions. Ability to learn by seeking feedback and asking questions.
- Self motivation - The candidate should be balanced between being process and goal oriented.
- Motivation to work efficiently, constantly looking for ways to make improvement to achieve higher results
- Ability to overcome obstacles by coming up with creative solutions, rethinking approach and getting things done.
- Knowledge of a modern scripting language (ex. Ruby, Python, Perl, Scala)
- Experience with open source technologies and methodologies