The editorial team at realtor.com, part of the News Corp. media empire, is hiring an intern to work with us on some core projects.
At realtor.com, we're breaking news and offering sage advice to guide people as they buy, sell, and maintain what is arguably the biggest and most important purchase of their lives: their home.
We’re looking for a savvy, well-organized and detail-oriented person with good editorial judgment to help us create fun, engaging and informative stories for our site, in print and in video.
Our ideal candidate is excited about storytelling in different media and has a good sense of what works online and in video. They're solid writers with a commitment to accuracy and an eye for compelling copy and headlines. They'd also need to be motivated, flexible, and diligent, willing to chip away at a project until it's right.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write stories on unique and interesting homes, and other real estate topics
- Write video scripts/on-screen copy
- Highlight key facts and information from articles to convert into video
- Syndicate stories from sister publications such as the Wall Street Journal, Marketwatch, and New York Post
- Update stories from the archive to optimize for search engines
- Manage content in Wordpress
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Enrollment in a journalism program
- Journalistic skills and judgment (clips required)
- Excellent communication skills
Other desirable qualifications:
- Some knowledge of Wordpress, SEO
- Experience with video writing/production/post production
This is a paid position for up to 25 hours a week, and can be based in New York, NY, or Santa Clara, CA. It can begin immediately and run for three months.
Instructions for application:
Please submit resume, cover letter and 3-5 clips/links to previous work