** Open to candidates nationwide willing to relocate to Vancouver, BC**
Move is the developer and operator of Realtor.com®, a leading destination used by millions of customers to discover and create their perfect home. Realtor.com® was named the fastest growing online real estate destination in 2015, according to comScore, an independent analytics provider. We have more than 55 million customers leveraging our products every month and our user base grew more than 25% last year. We have the most comprehensive and accurate coverage of real estate listings, the most engaged users across all real estate online portals, and top rated mobile applications at the cutting edge of mobile revolution.
Housing is one of the most important emotional and financial decisions for most customers. As part of Move you will enable our customers to make their housing related decisions with access to best data and experience possible. We offer a startup-like fast moving culture, coupled with the financial stability of grown company. You will engage with some of the best and the brightest coworkers and leaders, learn and contribute, and have a great time. We work hard and play hard. We reward passion for innovation, creativity and quality.
If you enjoy working in a fast paced, dynamic, cutting-edge work environment and desire to make a significant contribution to the business and to the customers, then make the Move!
You will be responsible for quality of systems that are backbone of our company – platform services and components that are leveraged by multiple teams in the organization. You will be leading teams that ensure software quality and data quality for the back-end systems that power real estate experiences for consumers as well as real estate professionals. You will drive your teams to use latest technology and techniques, and push for improvements in processes, tools and test automation to ensure high quality and scalability for releases, and drive a culture of continuous improvement.
- Hire, retain and groom best talent.
- Coach and mentor team members, and regularly provide feedback.
- Provide strategic direction to the team, and help prioritize work.
- Drive culture of early engagement and test automation to ensure faster product cycles.
- Identify and implement process improvements to ensure high quality for software delivery.
- Look at issues and root causes, identify themes and come up with corrective actions.
- Provide feedback to partner teams, and receive and act on feedback for your team.
- Work with partners in business, product and other engineering teams to understand their needs and set expectations.
- Drive culture of continuous improvement, and customer focus.
- Strengthen culture of sharing and collaboration within and across teams.
- BS in computer science or related fields.
- Should be able to instill strong customer focus in the team.
- Should be able to drive large inter-dependent software development teams working towards common business goals.
- Should have strong leadership and interpersonal skills to lead team towards a vision.
- Should have strong communication skills to articulate vision / strategy.
- Should be able to collaborate with partners in various functions, negotiate delivery and manage relationships.
- Should be able to set the pace for team, drive change, and push for results.
- Should have good understanding of technology trends to set direction for the team.
- At least 5 years of experience managing software development teams.